Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 01-31-2007, 01:30 AM   #21
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
good luck
Old 01-31-2007, 08:43 AM   #22
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
how much is that tranny gonna handle?

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #23
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
ok, just so we can get everyone that's been asking for updates and videos in one shot.....

Right now the car is down (but not out) for some rewiring. Turbo installation made for some tight clearances around natural wiring points and sensors on the transmission.

As of now there is no second gear as a result of cooking a sensor and some wires near the exhaust piping. The transmission is holding nicely at 12-15psi as far as mechanicals are concerned. As soon as I complete the rewiring and put in a couple of new sensors, along with some insulation, I'll be ready to roll again.

Obviously we're having some odd weather here in AZ, so I'll be waiting for the snow and ice season to be overwith before making a video of some burnouts and whatnot. So hang in there, it's in the works, promise

I'll post right here in this very thread as I go along, how everything is going.

I think turbos are harder on the tranny than superchargers.......the tranny i have in my alero now has gone through 3 boosted owners and it hasn't failed me yet running between 10-15psi, but then again this is the 3rd tranny in this alero......
Old 01-31-2007, 10:34 PM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
alright kiddies, let the bidding begin:

YOU can be the proud owner of the actual transmission that BlackJack blew to pieces! With the proper hanging brackets or even a Big Game Trophy Plaque, you can mount this on the wall and show it off to all your friends!!

This is a special edition with a serial number of "1", and is the only 4t45e that BlackJack has ever pwnt. Act now and show everyone that you are the most insane mofo on the block, and watch your friends as they all shake their heads in disbelief!

Starting bid: $2500, reserve not yet met.

hahahah

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #25
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
haha good luck with the sale too
Old 01-31-2007, 10:54 PM   #26
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
(that's a joke, I hope you know )

Old 02-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #27
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
We know BJ!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #28
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

here's some more eye-candy. After I completed the coating/header wrap....believe it or not, after a hard drive, I can actually touch the headers or downpipe without allowing cooldown time, and not lose my skin. Coated everything with heavy coats of 2000 degree paint from Summit, followed by wrap, then heavy paint coat over the wrap.

Just wait till you see what Jeremy is cooking up for me now.....that killer 75mm TB is going in shortly on a custom UIM, facing the front of the car to eliminate heat soak from the turbine housing. Plumbing will look somewhat like this for the TB and intake piping:

Old 02-08-2007, 01:51 AM   #29
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

my 4t65e-HD will be here either thursday or friday this week, it's from a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with only 11k miles on it. $700 delivered to my door. Fab for the install will begin next week.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:04 AM   #30
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
11's?
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #31
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
11's?

That's where I'm aiming for starters. After that I'm going for a zzp built trans, and shorter times.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #32
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
my 4t65e-HD will be here either thursday or friday this week, it's from a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with only 11k miles on it. $700 delivered to my door. Fab for the install will begin next week.

So how much power will the 4t65 be able to handle??? i forgot, and its probably in this thread somewhere, but what is the name of the stock tranny???

Dude, post a pic of the outside of your car, i have never seen it
Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #33
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
the 4t65e-HD is the stock tranny for the GTPs if that is what you are asking, and lots of gtps are holding 400-500whp with very minimal upgrades on the tranny........
Old 02-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #34
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
IF you're shooting 11's better get a rollbar.

Same goal for me this season. I'm going to end up doing it probably on a tune utilizing E85 gas too.
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #35
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
the 4t65e-HD is the stock tranny for the GTPs if that is what you are asking, and lots of gtps are holding 400-500whp with very minimal upgrades on the tranny........
By stock i meant, the tranny that comes on the aleros.

And damn that 4t65e-HD is gonna be nice for ya blackjack.

Thanks for answering the question i had KW
Old 02-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #36
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

yeah spy.....as soon as I recover financially from my latest antics, a 12pt cage is next on the list. Might be overkill right this second, but I only want to install one once.

I've been using an E85 mix for some time now, since I was running 12psi daily.

I think I posted about it somewhere else, using 4 gals of E85 mixed with 5 gals of 91 gives me right between 98-100 octane. I dropped 99% of KR once I changed to that mix.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #37
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

hmmm, one more question, blackjack, how are you going to fix the problem of your burn outs, since you have so much power and front wheel drive, what are you going to do so that you can get off the line easier?????
Old 02-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #38
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

tying down the front end (pinned aircraft cables for track only) stiffening the rear, with a forward rake. That will keep most of the weight on the drive wheels. I dont think I'm quite ready for a drag bar yet.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #39
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
tying down the front end (pinned aircraft cables for track only) stiffening the rear, with a forward rake. That will keep most of the weight on the drive wheels. I dont think I'm quite ready for a drag bar yet.
ahh ok
Old 02-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #40
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude that custom uim is gonna be one mean piece of hardware.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote