Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
siether
GX Member

siether is an unknown quantity at this point
Wierd problem, need help

About a 1 1/2 weeks ago we alot of rainout here and I hit a big puddle. Soon after my Service Engine Soon, ABS and trac off lights came on. At first I didn't think too much of it because I though I got some sensor wet and caused it short out or something. But then it started to some on on a regular basis usally after I back up and put it in drive it came on. I still didn;t think too much of it becuase it stayed pretty wet out here for a couple of days and when everything dried up it went away (so I thought). Two days later when I was backing out a parking stall and put it in drive the low trac light came on as soon as I hit the gas even though it was perfectly dry outside and then all the same lights came on. Now it's happening on a daily basis. About evry 2nd start when I put it in drive the low trac light come on and the engine responds like it's on ice and then all the lights come back on, but if I let go of the gas fast enough sometimes the lights wont come on. I'm looking for some insight to this problem. Should I go to the dealership and hook it up to their computers too see what codes are posting? By the way I have the 2.4L engine since I didn't mention that.

Last edited by siether : 04-10-2007 at 12:22 AM.
siether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
greenbastard
GL Member

greenbastard is an unknown quantity at this point
i would go get the codes read and see what that tells you. that will hopefully tell you what the problem is.