Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #21
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
hooray!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:19 PM   #22
kokomosam

Sorry to come to this late, but I just went out to my car (2001 2.4) to go to lunch and it wont start.

I was running fine this morning when I parked it, but several hours later it wone start. It turns over fine, but just wont start. When the key in trying to start I have a solid engine light and a flashing security light. What was the fix here? Spare key? Disconect the battery?

Thanks

Sam
Old 03-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #23
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
disconnnet battery for 10 mins i think...
Old 03-29-2007, 03:50 PM   #24
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
no it was turn the key to the on position for 10 minutes. then shut it off and start it up... if it doesn't work, try it again...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #25
Danny Boy
GX Member

Danny Boy is on a distinguished road
i have the same exact problem as the first poster in this thread, i even got my car towed, nobody had any idea, then i came here to this forum ya im a newbie but have been getting very useful info off of this forum for months, i tried the key thing i turned the accessory on let it for about 10 minutes the security light stopped flashing and bam i turned it to start im like omg it works! My face was priceless, i just couldnt believe it, i got it towed but its all good i have triple a so it was free, thank god for this forum!
Danny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #26
FartCannonAlero

same issue

so last night i was in total shock thinking that my starter blew out on me...
and then i read on here about the security 10 minute wait, tried it, and my car fired right up! i didnt quite catch what it was that i need to fix though..
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #27
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
you might not need to fix anything. you can try getting a NEW key cut(not one cut from your current key). or you can try replacing the whole key cylinder. but it may have just been a one time thing
Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #28
FartCannonAlero

ok good deal, ill just wait until it happens again and then work on one of those things, thanks for savin me 200 bucks and alot of labor!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:53 PM   #29
don

i had the same thing happen to me i tried the turning the key to the on postion for the 10mins it will get you started but want fix the prob. igot a new key made (factory code cut) didn't work then i bought a ignition switch from a junk yard they had a grand am i gave 30 bucks and it works every time if you replace the ignition you still have to turn the key to the on position for 10mins to reset the new switch or used after that it should work every time.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:03 AM   #30
alerongermany
GX Member

alerongermany is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to alerongermany
I have had similiar problems with my Euro SPec "Chevy Alero". I have found that if I unlock the door using my keyless entry it willl shut off the security lock. I have noticed that it only happens when I leave the car unlocked for to long with out putting the key in the ignition. so something like this "I go out side, unlock the car, open the door, run back in side b/c i forgot something, come back outside, security lock is on, so I just double tap the unlock to unlock all doors, and blamo the ho starts.

A way of life!
alerongermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #31
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Well, that really doesn't count so much for the US-Spec cars. The Euro-spec cars have a different immobilizer setup than we do.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote