Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 06-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
greenbastard
GL Member

greenbastard is an unknown quantity at this point
ticking lifter

I drove my Alero 2.4L out of my garage last weekend after sitting for 2 months. I noticed that it was a little low on oil and that my motor ticks. I put oil in it and it still ticked. I talked to a handful of mechanics I know and came to a conclusion that is a sticky lifter. I then proceded to change my oil and put wynns engine tune in it to release the lifter. I drove around for a couple of days and it didn't go away. I stoped driving it because my tranny is really bad and slips. I want to replace the lifters and and throw in the secret cams swap aswell. Just wanted to know, how easy is it and what all do I need for the cam swap and how will these cams effect my vehicles preformance. If I follow the haynes manual I think I will do ok. I have done 4 or 5 engine swaps and trannys and a head gasket but have never really pulled an engine apart ad put it back together to have it run. My buddy has done a couple of Quad 4's and there pretty much the same thing. Please fill me in on what I don't know.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
FRom what i read it the kind of thing that it helps, but to really get it to shine you have to go ahead and do the 2.3 intake sway, bigger throttle boddy new intake and all that jazz.