Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Angry Damn Points Race cancelled today!

The expected on-and-off again rain caused the track to cancel racing for today. I was all set to hang with Redog and the Parsons again and win some money!

On the plus side, they updated their voice message and website WAY earlier than usual, so I wasn't driving half-way there before finding out they closed the track.

On the neutral side, they did give us an extra Points Race this year (back up to 12 for the first time in 3 years) so with the rainout we're back to our original 11 race dates.... though on further inspection there's some confusion now as to whether or not we're really schedule for 12 races or only 11 again as there is a major conflict between what's listed for August 3 on the on-line schedule, their printed schedule, the schedule included in the front of the Season Opener issue of Raceway News, and the date list later in the Raceway News where they talk abot the Points Series. Depending on which list you look at it will tell you 1 of 3 or 4 different things for that date. I emailed the track and will wait for their reply.

On the negative side, I just saw that they INCREASED our Street ET entry fee (to $40/day) yet kept our payouts the same as last year ($250/125/75).

And Now I see that we are not allowed to tell the starting line if we are staging deep. WTF?!?!?

Per NHRA Division 1 Website: "DEEP STAGING. If you are going to deep stage, it may not be visible on the vehicle. All DEEP (lettering) on windows must be removed (not permitted to be covered). The tree will be on autostart, no provision will be made by the starter if a racer is deep. No disqualification for going deep."
Per Raceway Park: Deep staging will be "no longer recognized but still permitted". So I'd have to physically remove all DEEP lettering from my car (4 places on winshield and side windows) instead of just covering them for the Divisional Race. How F---ed up is that?!?!?! I have the lettering on in large white vinyl in 4 places so that the starting line guy and my opponent both know I'm going in deep and there could be no confusion about it. And half the time the starter STILL screws me with the tree. Now there's going to be even more problems with these numbnuts. I know NHRA was considering doing away with Deep Staging 2 years ago but enough racers complained and they let it be. I guess this is their 1st step to formally and finally eliminating it.

Last edited by Daytona : 03-16-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I was surprised that the message was made at 6:15 this morning. I jumped outta bed and in the shower at 7:30 and figured I was running late.

Ran downstairs and looked out the door and it was raining, not hard. I called the track and heard it was cancaled today.

The sun came out here at 11 or so, but it's still raining very little. The track is about 50 miles from me and I saw on the net that it's supposed to rain up there all day.

O well, 2 more weeks to wait

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #3
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Turns out we DO only have 11 points days. August 3 is not a race. Depending on what schedule you looked at, they listed one of 3 diferent events for the day. But in the end, our race isn't one of them.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote