Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
ares89
GL Member

ares89 is on a distinguished road
Intake

Ok, being 18 and I can't legally drink, I was able to barter work on my car for being a designated driver. The work included installation of my ebay intake that I bought. The thing took 2 guys used to working on corvettes, 1 guy used to working on porsches/vws, 1 guy used to working on his 240sx/Sylvia S13, and 1 guy used to working a bottle of beer, about 2 hours to get the intake on. All is said and done, its all good, save for a couple sputtery sounds but the one guy said the compy needs to just get used to the intake. The other thing, what in the hell is this?

No one really knows what it is, where it goes, but they keep referring to it as a butt plug for their drunken amusement.

Yes i know the photo isnt good, its from my krzr.

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping
ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:56 AM   #2
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
if i saw a pic of the intake, might be able to see where that might go, other than that i have no idea. also have no idea why it wud take so long to install. mine took all of 45 minits, with a bare minimum of tools, and no help. maybe you got something different tho.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
picture doesn't work

but the butt plug is to block off the hole that is unused on the intake, and these guys don't sound like they know at all what they're doing, and the computer doesn't need to get "used to" an intake lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
ares89
GL Member

ares89 is on a distinguished road
the pic worked last night...

and which hole isnt used..? theres the one for the air sensor, and then theres the one that is a knob comin off.. or am i missing a hole?
and i wasnt really allowed near the car while they did it, so i had no say in what happened -_-

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping

Last edited by ares89 : 03-30-2008 at 12:33 PM.
ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
oh, that's supposed to go between the water pump bracket and the intake bracket, if you have one. you don't even need it, throw it out.

that's not used to plug a hole, thought you meant an actual hole plug which i have on mine where my methanol injection nozzle will fill soon. no you don't want extra holes, obviously lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote