Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Speakers

Ok everyone, ive been doing my reading and i need some answers. Ive read that for clarity you swap out the front speakers and for bass you swap the rears. Now, i have pioneer 6x9's in the back and stockers up front, and im happy with my bass but not clarity. So if i fabbed up a mount for some 5-14's or 6.5's would it help it seem cleared? And what is a good brand i can get from best buy for 100-120 ish a pair? (i have a gift card to there) and is it possible to set up 6x9s ON the door like ive seen? Or are 6.5s clearer like ive read.

Last edited by TheMeaningOfLife : 04-22-2008 at 12:46 PM.
TheMeaningOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I have Pioneer 4x6s in front and 6x9s in back, sounds great, clear and has good bass.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Yeah, my 6x9's are great for just speakers, so im keeping with those. But im looking to move a little bigger up front. I like pioneers, but i also like trying new things cuz im still hugely new to audio stuff, im not even 100% sure ow to install speakers.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure Ryan from Ohio will post soon and list exactly what you should get.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

Haha that will be nice.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
go 6.5 if your gonna go components. you'll kick yourself for the 5.25" later.

and also, if your gonna do it, spend a little more then you really want to. (you said your looking in the 100 market, i'd suggest wait a little and go for the 200s) the sound will be SO much better.

6.5s will be clearer then your 6x9s. but the biggest problem is... what does best buy have?? i'm not familiar with their product line.

i just put in picasso soundstream components and i'm very impressed with how they sound.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i just put in picasso soundstream components and i'm very impressed with how they sound.
First paintings now he's doing speakers? First 2pac then Biggie now picasso is getting money from the grave. Damn it pays to be dead! LOL
Old 04-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Well for $100-120 at Best Buy our gonna get the equivalent of $40-50 speakers online. I would use that money for DVD's, CDs, maybe a new tv?

If you only have $100 or less, spend $75 and get the Cadence CMD comps on E Bay. Your not going to beat them at that price level.

If you got $170 get the CVL's from Cadence direct. I can link you.

Beware with either or you will need to amp them or they will sound like shlt.

If you dont have an amp just put in new 2 way 4x6 speakers and call it a day.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #9
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Well for $100-120 at Best Buy our gonna get the equivalent of $40-50 speakers online. I would use that money for DVD's, CDs, maybe a new tv?

If you only have $100 or less, spend $75 and get the Cadence CMD comps on E Bay. Your not going to beat them at that price level.

If you got $170 get the CVL's from Cadence direct. I can link you.

Beware with either or you will need to amp them or they will sound like shlt.

If you dont have an amp just put in new 2 way 4x6 speakers and call it a day.

OK cool, yeah im not looking into starting to set up an amp and all that, i was just saying best buy because i have a 100$ gift card there now. Thanks!