Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
Alon Alero
GL Member

Alon Alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Alon Alero Send a message via MSN to Alon Alero
Oil change and something more

Hey everyone.

Today the oil change light came on, but the thing is there is no oil missing and the color of the oil is just fine as well. i changed oil just about a month ago and i put full synthetic oil. only done about 1000 kms since then. the thing im more concerned about is the fact i found oil or whatever it is on the top of the battery cover. it feels and looks like oil to me. is that ok?

Last edited by Alon Alero : 05-14-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Alon Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
The oil light comes on set off by triggers. Miles, Engine Use, etc. Just reset the light

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Ya.. the change oil light only works if you reset it when you have your oil changed, then change it when it comes back on, and reset it then again. Otherwise it's just a useless light.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Alon Alero
GL Member

Ok thx a lot guys. would u mind telling me how exactly u reset the computer? i know i need to open the fuse panel and then press the reset button and turn the key on but not start the car but for how long i need to hold the reset button and how many times should i press it? and what about the fact i found oil on the battery?

Last edited by Alon Alero : 05-14-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Alon Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
i said how to reset it in that new guy thread for (((king)))

oil on your battery? probably wherever you get your oil changed they spilled some. they do that a lot.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
Alon Alero
GL Member

Hmmm don't think so, it wasnt there before.