Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #21
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Adria, looking at your car domain...what are cleared corners?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #22
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #23
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
So these fun lil things can be found where? And do they need to be professionally installed it sounds like? Cost wise total?

I got mine from mpracing.org. if you don't send in your PCM first right now it's 130, but if you do send it in first (and can do without your car for a little while) then it's only 70. And no, they're easy to install as I understand it. I got mine halfway out today to look at the number on it so I could order it. just a few bolts and a lever and it's out, and then just plug the other one in. it's really really easy actually haha.

oh yeah and before you do anything else you HAVE to clear your corners!!! people will haggle you until you do, and it's a basically free mod that looks sweet, so why not?
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #24
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
mine aren't cleared!!! I resiste the temptation!!! hahahaha
Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #25
99alerogirl
Female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
mine aren't cleared!!! I resiste the temptation!!! hahahaha

you're a homo.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #26
99alerogirl
Female.

here's a picture i took of my freshly cleared corners (it was rainy though, and i painted my bezels black too)

and oops, my marker bulbs were out. haha
Old 02-24-2009, 01:30 AM   #27
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
homo sapien, that's me!!!

look at my sig btw non cleared corners ftw!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #28
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
pfff... im not doin the cleared.. im with kwhauck on that one.. but i do have plans to be one of the very few with the Lowbeam Halo Projectors
Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #29
99alerogirl
Female.

psh... that's because you're all too puss to do it haha, just kidding i promise, don't yell at me
Old 02-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #30
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
anyone know of some good obd2 tuning software for a laptop?

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #31
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
I keep reading about the B&M and this PCM and putting them together...then getting things reprogrammed...can someone outline the exact course of actions to take when putting these in? Someone told me on my advice seeking thread to mod in the order of: CAI, exhaust, THEN PCM...so what's the full skinny and detailed expo on what it does.

Also, on my Advice and Education thread someone recommended the Monza pacesetter cat back exhaust to me from the mpr site. Adria, you have a muffler too...is that custom? Do I need to get that with the full cat back? I am confused...lol
Old 02-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #32
99alerogirl
Female.

Quote:
Also, on my Advice and Education thread someone recommended the Monza pacesetter cat back exhaust to me from the mpr site. Adria, you have a muffler too...is that custom? Do I need to get that with the full cat back? I am confused...lol

my cat back system is a custom one from a local shop here. the muffler is a flowmaster 40 series muffler. if you're looking for a cheaper exhaust system i would go custom (that's why i did). you just tell them you want a catback system, the size pipe you want, and then you get to pick a muffler of your choice (i think you have the 3400, so i would recommend a magnaflow or flowmaster, but i haven't heard the pacesetter or anything else like that.. just no fart can please). but the really only custom thing is the pipe, the muffler will be a specific one. does that make any sense? haha
Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #33
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I just looked at all the calibration on the MPR site...it seems cool but all that complexity seems like it could mess things up. Do they really calibrate it that accurately or does it need to be done at a shop? Also, why do they have the fan-on key-off setting? For what? Does it heat your engine that much?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #34
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

the exhaust thing makes more sense now. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #35
99alerogirl
Female.

Quote:
I just looked at all the calibration on the MPR site...it seems cool but all that complexity seems like it could mess things up. Do they really calibrate it that accurately or does it need to be done at a shop? Also, why do they have the fan-on key-off setting? For what? Does it heat your engine that much?

it's not going to mess things up, just tune it for best performance with the mods you have. they tune it to your specifications, someone probably knows more than me (cough, ion)... and for the fan-on and key-off, it's to cool the engine down faster, i just set mine to 30 seconds.