Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-13-2004, 12:57 AM   #1
theirishgonzo

ok guys and ladies i will be buying a set of drop springs next thursday and getting them installed i have a 3.4 alero with sport supenshion. i want the most drop out of springs as i can get but dont know if i should get the cheap springs or the expencive ones or ones in the middle? are the $300 springs the best and how do the cheapest springs compare? and the middle ones. i hate a flufey ride i want the stifest ride posible. and what is the benefit of puting new struts with the new springs?

ps have a 2 door and my vin and state of mich says i have a 4 door lol love the break on my insurance
Old 08-13-2004, 01:08 AM   #2
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
hey where at in michigan. im from macomb twp.
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 01:28 AM   #3
theirishgonzo

westland 275 and i 96 is a 5 min drive.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:34 AM   #4
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Intraxs give you nice drop overall, and they are pretty stiff. When I got my Intraxs put on, I went ahead and put on new KYB GR2 struts as well. Now that's stiff. Handles great. Looks awesome too. Too bad my aftermarket wheels have like no sidewall on the tires so theres a gap again.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:05 AM   #5
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Sprint or SpringTech offer the most drop... and are really stiff.... should probably upgrade struts or the ride will be rough.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:34 AM   #6
derek21

well, if you want stiffest. i'd say coilovers. lol, but that is pretty damn stiff
Old 08-13-2004, 04:40 AM   #7
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Quote:
Originally posted by derek21@Aug 13 2004, 01:34 AM
well, if you want stiffest. i'd say coilovers. lol, but that is pretty damn stiff
Too damn stiff.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:28 PM   #8
theirishgonzo

i was thinking of getting air instead of the springs is there a differance between them and springs? in ride and handling? also after haveing them mounted how hard would it be to do the rest of the install?
Old 08-20-2004, 12:40 AM   #9
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by smokinAMD+Aug 13 2004, 02:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (smokinAMD @ Aug 13 2004, 02:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-derek21@Aug 13 2004, 01:34 AM
Too damn stiff. [/b][/quote]
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

you ain't see stiff yet. but very soon :thumbsup:
Old 08-20-2004, 08:24 AM   #10
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
if you don`t want the stifness of the coil over but yet you want the ride quality go with spring tech i had them before i went to a coil over, and i loved the ride and the performance i got from them
you ask about air ride airride.com or chassistech.com, both companies have air ride for our cars, my suggestion to you then would be go with the compressor system from airride and the struts from both companies are bolt on replacments
the compressor system from airride.com is so simple that my 8 yr can hoook it up
i have my coil overs for sale look in the bazzar section
and air ride will be installed very shortly
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:30 PM   #11
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman+Aug 19 2004, 10:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Oldsman @ Aug 19 2004, 10:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by smokinAMD@Aug 13 2004, 02:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-derek21
Quote:
@Aug 13 2004, 01:34 AM

Too damn stiff.
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

you ain't see stiff yet. but very soon :thumbsup: [/b][/quote]
Allright then, will I need a protective mouthpiece to keep from biting my tounge off?
Old 08-22-2004, 12:47 AM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
no just a ciropracter
Old 08-22-2004, 01:15 AM   #13
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
i would go coilovers!
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:42 AM   #14
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Aug 21 2004, 10:47 PM
no just a ciropracter
If shes large busted and good with her hands, allright.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:54 PM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

actually after finding out what my spring rates are you may need more than mouthpiece and ciro......................lol
Old 08-24-2004, 04:48 PM   #16
theirishgonzo

well looks like i am going to get the coil over from bydman and it looks like i woll be takeing a road trip to pick them up. any advice in the install of these like to i need a camber adjusrment kit for them? and is 150 a good price to get them installed?
Old 08-29-2004, 08:59 PM   #17
Oldsman
Owner

will need a realignment after install
Old 08-29-2004, 09:08 PM   #18
Oldsmopimp

I posted this somewhere else too, cant remember...but I have a brand new camber kit. $30 and its yours. If u buy the coil overs from bdyman, let him know, and ill give him the camber kit.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:29 PM   #19
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
isn't pimalero sellin his coilovers
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote