Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Robb235
GX Member

Robb235 is on a distinguished road
AutoZone has the wrong CV Axle listed?

Hey guys. If you don't remember, I'm working on a wrecked '01 Alero to make it my daily driver. I also work at AutoZone part time which is great because I get a discount on all the parts I buy for this car.

Anyways, I looked up and purchased a CV axle for the driver side. Long story short, I get everything put back together and go for a test drive. I'm half way around the block (in a residential neighborhood) when the axle breaks leaving the car stranded in the middle of the road. $75 later, the Alero is towed back to the house and I find that the CV axle has seperated where the inner boot meets the tripod that goes into the transmission. It appears to me that the CV axle I bought was too short!

So I go back home and look up the part number for the CV axle for the '01 Alero with the 3400, part # is 9465N, which is the same part number of my box, so I didn't accidently grab the wrong box off the shelf. Then I look up the part number for a 2001 Grand Am with the 3400: different part number! Part # for that is 9459! So this tells me that AutoZone has a faulty listing for the CV axle on the Alero.

This isn't the first time either that I've seen Z-Net (the program used by AutoZone to look up parts) return some junk part numbers. Call up AutoZone and ask for an output shaft transmission seal for an '01 Alero with a 3400. Their computer is gonna ask whether you have the 4T65-E transmission, or the 4T80-E transmission; neither of which is offered in the Alero.

Has anyone else ran against faulty part numbers at AutoZone when looking for Alero parts?
Robb235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It always seems fine on the LD9 parts. In my time working there I've only seen Z-Net be wrong 1-2 times on minor things.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote