Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-10-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
RPM driving issue...

awhile ago my car started doing something weird... i would drive and hit 40 give it mild gas to accelerate but not enough where it would down shift... and the rpms fluxuate persay..

sits at 1100rpm cruising at 40 mph. light acceleration and it jumps from 1100 to about 1800 - 2000. back and forth a few times..

got my transmission rebuilt 1200 miles ago. and still does it... (did it before transmission rebuild and after) so im thinking it might be a sensor?

any ideas are great!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
try cleaning your MAF
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Ill try that later today thanks!

Anyone else wanna jump in?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

Bump
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
hotrodwolf
GX Member

hotrodwolf is on a distinguished road
Is your SES light flashing at all?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

Nope its off
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

cleaning maf did not fix it
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
TPS maybe?

When mine went, no SES light, but I would floor it and the car would not be moving and the engine was revving

$50 sensor v $2000 transmission FTW

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
BlueLego
GX Member

BlueLego is on a distinguished road
vehicle speed sensor. make sure your wires on that still have a good connection.
mine did that for a while than got worse to the point where the tach and speedo were going crazy and then stopped shifting out of first gear. that sensor was the problem of it all
BlueLego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

Redog - just changed it not to long ago.. bout a month so can't be that. I floored it the other day just to get a feel of the new transmission. When I floor it, it lags speed. Like goes 3k-4k lags And sits at 4k and so on

Bluelego - where is the sensor located?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 12-11-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
BlueLego
GX Member

what engine do you have? i think it's the same no matter what because in the manual it doesn't say anything about a difference. if your under the car with your feet pointed out towards the front of the car the sensor i believe is on the right hand side on the back of the tranny. it's the only sensor right there so it should be fairly easy to find.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #12
sleepyalero
GLS member

3.4 l.

I will try to look tomorrow. How much is the part at your local auto store?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #13
BlueLego
GX Member

i bought a new one from napa for like 21 dollars. or something like that. turned out the sensor was fine the wires going to the connection had become brittle and had lost connection so i re sauldered them back together.
check the wires first, give them a little tug, the wires come downwards and then bend upwards to plug in, not the best idea oldsmobile had for such an important sensor.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

Just got a new maf didn't fix my problem..

Actually waiting to do the speed sensor. Napa told me to wait and have a dealer run diagnostic on It first.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 12-14-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

My manager is a car Guy.. he says my problem sounds like the ecu?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: