Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Trouble Code Diagnosis

After putting in my pacesetter headers, my check engine light has been on. After receiving the Ultragauge I was able to obtain those codes. I am going to look them up on my own, but if anyone knows what they are off hand, please let me know if you could.

Maybe this thread could be a source for all code diagnosis in due time.

P0130-O2 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1/sensor 1
P0136-O2 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1/sensor 2

P0443-Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit
P0449-evaporative emission control system vent valve/solenoid circuit malfunction

Here is what I found, with the information I learn from this thread, I can add it to the pacesetter thread to help people who get those headers and install them.

Not sure how to interpret the above stated codes. Obviously, it looks like I have a bad O2 sensor-but where exactly? I bought the proper extension line to connect to the moved header sensor...

The 400 codes I have no idea...

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 05-18-2011 at 10:09 AM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
Your O2 sensor is fine, just not working properly. This is a known issue with the Pacesetter headers (and others also). The sensor is located too far from the cylinders and never reaches the proper temperature to send a good signal. Replace it with a generic heated (3 or 4 wire) sensor and supply ignition on power to heat it up (can use the power feed for the rear/after-cat sensor). You can even just get another rear sensor and put it into the front location, a little wire splicing and all is good. I had to do this to mine in order to enter closed-loop operation.

I don't know if this will effect the other two codes but fix your O2 issue first so that the engine can run properly... the other codes may just go away.
widbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
do that
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
That actually took care of it I think. I had to leave the ignition at "on" to scan and clear the codes, so they cleared, then i plugged in again and only had to 400 codes. Drove it around and the 400s were the only ones to remain.

So you just leave the ignition at "on" to juice up the sensor before starting the engine? Never thought electronics worked that way but i'll keep doing it.

Any suggestions for the other two codes?

UPDATE: for the P0499 code, a common issue is the gas cap not screwing on all the way. However, I know that is not an issue with mine as I replaced it not too long ago.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 05-18-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
scott192
GX Member

scott192 is on a distinguished road
do you over fill your gas tank alot its known to rot the lines to the canister
parts so far: 10000k hid heads and fogs, alpine INAW900, bluetooth, backup camera, alpine mrp-m2000, 18fi btl, 270amp mechman alterntor, 2 Redtop Batt's, all LED lights and color changing signals white/amber (every bulb other then dummy lights) and limo back 3 and 20% in the front and tinted tails
check out my car http://www.youtube.com/user/scott192
Quote:
Well I know my car is female because she was bleeding for 7 days and didnt die!
scott192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

No I fill it to the normal level. Haven't had any kind of leak or fume since I had the fuel regulator replaced.

I figure these 400 codes have something to do with being lean since I put the new headers on.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
if you had access to a scan tool all you would have to do is unplug your vent valve soleniod and put a test light across the two wires and turn the valve on and off. if the test light lit... then it needs a new valve. without the ability to command the vent valve on and off idk how you would diag it.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #8
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I do not know where the vent valve solenoid is and I do not have a testing light to diagnose it. I do have scan tools though-through that ultra gauge which is what gave me these codes.

The little bit I have been able to find about this so far tells me that this is either an electrical issue or part replacement requirement. I don't want to put the cart in front of the horse if this is something that will be alleviated by tuning the car to the mods.

If I am reading this correctly, both 400 codes involve the EVAP system. I may be lucky and just have to replace some items beneath the old gal. Can anyone confirm?

Had the wrong 443 code it looks like...edited.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 05-18-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #9
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

evac codes resulting from a bad fuse and bad cannister vacuum line. no more codes.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Gas cap code is P0442

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote