Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Jboyjbb
GX Member

Jboyjbb is an unknown quantity at this point
Interior suggestions

Hey im 16 and alot of my friends have really cool interiors with leds and huge sound systems...but they all have jobs and i cant seem to find one.. So what are some good ways to make my interior stand out but not spend too much money... I already have a pioneer stereo reciever but thats it
Jboyjbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
go to ebay, buy a TON of leds from hong kong, click the link in my sig and get to work
Old 05-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Jboyjbb
GX Member

Dang thats a really helpful post
Great work on that
Mesh grille
2 12 inch pioneer subs
10 inch class D bazooka tube
Old 05-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
maybe if you actually LOOKED at what I said... you'd see how helpful that post really was.

But I can see how, a comment like that, from a guy whose signature picture is A FULL CUSTOM LED CAR, would lead you to believe that I'm just talking out my ass

What is with all the entitled little shits hitting this website lately?!?!?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
Brad Jahnke

LOL......sorry...that's just........LOL Cherrington
Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
the_weber
GL Member

the_weber is on a distinguished road
Huge sound systems=overated but hey when I was 16 it seemed cool to me too. Go>show. LED's I would just do what cherrington suggested. Unless you can afford pre made ones. As far as interior goes there nothing else you can really do for cheap. You want to mod you gotta have money or a lot of know how. Welcome to AleroMod though
-Optima yellow top. This battery went end over end in my jeep (not strapped down) 13 times for 75 feet. and now is in my alero. one tough battery
-Cleared Corners/Painted Bezels
the_weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
ya I would just go with one 12 inch or 15 inch sub. One sub can be louder than 2 subs you have to be willing to spend the money. Just save money when you get a job.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
TdotAlero
GL Member

TdotAlero is on a distinguished road
A simple interior 'mod' that I really like. A leather shifter boot, to much the hand brake.
Cost: free, from a pull-it-yourself wrecker. This one from a Pontiac
Time spent: 5 minutes.

Attachment 10251

Last edited by TdotAlero : 10-25-2012 at 09:08 PM.
TdotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
Jboyjbb
GX Member

Bumpy bump
Mesh grille
2 12 inch pioneer subs
10 inch class D bazooka tube
Old 05-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

bump for what? how to do led work is in the frequently asked questions page, which is the LINK IN MY SIGNATURE.

as for doing more work, beyond factory, your gonna have to learn how to fiberglass, which costs money and is time consuming.

the stereo advice was covered.

what else are you looking for? Us to hold your hand and show you how to change out your seats, gauge pods, etc?? Come up with your own ideas!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
Brad Jahnke

Is it bad that cherrington is my only source of entertainment tonight?
Old 05-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #12
the_weber
GL Member

the_weber is on a distinguished road
I lold too. Its ok. He'll learn soon. I already told the kid you either need money or experience. If you dont listen to someone with experience such as cherrington your SOL
-Optima yellow top. This battery went end over end in my jeep (not strapped down) 13 times for 75 feet. and now is in my alero. one tough battery
-Cleared Corners/Painted Bezels
the_weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #13
Brad Jahnke

If the kid gets around to reading this again, here's some suggestions:

1.) Go buy some Mr clean magic erasers, clean the hell out of ur interior
2.) Armor all EVERYTHING
3.) Hand wash it, clean everything...including inside the door jams and under the Hood
4.) Hand wax with your favorite wax
5.) Clear your corners (cherringtons FAQ page)
6.) Get a couple led strips from auto zone and wire them up
7.) Impress your friends with the cleanest car in town...

Everything I listed can be accomplished for under 50 bucks...
Old 05-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotAlero View Post
A simple interior 'mod' that I really like. A leather shifter boot, to much the hand brake.
Cost: free, from a pull-it-yourself wrecker. This one from a Pontiac
Time spent: 5 minutes.

Attachment 10251

this is intersting. i might actually try this.
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #15
Tuse31
GX Member

Tuse31 is on a distinguished road
You could do what I did, go look up how to take apart your interior (radio bezel, gauge bezel, door panels, back speaker grilles), go to walmart and buy krylon plastic paint ($4 a can) and watch some YouTube videos about how to paint plastics. If you feel creative and risky, go to oreilly and get some duplicolor fabric and vinyl paint/dye ($8 a can) and continue customizing.

You could also paint your stock rims. Just take your time andmake them look decent. Or if you have hubcaps, get some new "chrome look" hubcaps that switch up the look of your car.

Also smoke your tail lights with VHT Nite shades. Look up on YouTube on how to do it. (it can be done nicely for around $25). Go to walmart or on eBay or amazon and pick up a starting level sub like a 12" Rockford p1 punch which is cheap and does not require a big amp or large gauged wiring kit. Good luck!

Last edited by Tuse31 : 05-30-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Tuse31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 AM   #16
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^ Too funny ... Still trying to decide if your being sarcastic with your advice. EDIT: Nevermind since your avatar clearly shows your car with black painted stockers ... LOL

Anyway, to the OP, Cherry is right so not much else to tell you and if your getting butt hurt about people saying what they do then I suggest you get over it and learn to deal with it. Most of the people that contribute advice have been here for quite a long time and know what they are talking about.

Just my .02
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #17
Tuse31
GX Member

Tuse31 is on a distinguished road
Well I'm basically broke with college expenses and I wish I could afford a razzi kit and some nice 18's for my Alero, but I don't have $800-1200 to spend on a nice set of rims and low profile tires. Along with another $800+ for a body kit. I'm not being sarcastic in that either. Strtrydr, you have a great looking car. I wish I could own an Alero as nice as yours, but I simply don't have the money to spend, so I find other, less expensive ways to modify my car.

OP, Here's a close-up of my painted stockers by the way to give you some ideas:

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Photo0108.jpg

I'm not boasting like a punk that "aye, my rimz be stuntin' yo!" No, not at all. This is still my first car, I got it with 93K on it. Now it has a little over 100K. Believe it or not, but I have tried pretty hard to make it look as unique as possible, all without putting money I don't have into it. It's quite discouraging to be laughed at for trying to mod my car within my own means. I'm not trying to rant, I'm just explaining my situation and reasoning behind my cheapo mods.

Sorry that I can't afford aftermarket rims and wanted to get wheel coating, sandpaper, high gloss clearcoat and spend 6 hours taping them up, painting them and polishing them so they look better than the stock grey/alloy look. All in all costing about $25. I think they look decent and cost me a fraction of the cost that aftermarkets would run. I don't even have a moderate budget, otherwise I would get some actual nice things for my car.

Sure, I would love to have an Alero like yours, but I don't have the money to invest at the moment. So I apologize for trying to help someone on a budget get a few simple, cheap, ideas from my past experimenting of someone who is also on a low budget but still enjoys working on their car to try to make it their own.

Last edited by Tuse31 : 05-31-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Tuse31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
TdotAlero
GL Member

TdotAlero is on a distinguished road
That's a good answer right there ^^
Just because you spend $5,10,100 or so, does not mean that the result will look like crap. It's the effort that counts.
TdotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #19
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
You do not have to spend 1200 bucks on rims check craigslist or town fair tire. Also get some meguir products they work great. Also i am in college and i bought 4 new 18 inch tires and new brakes. i know college is expensive but if you have a job while you go to college. You will have money and then you can buy some of the stuff that you want.

Also if you want some what cheap mods get some components for the doors and 6x9s or 6x5 for the back. or get some gauges like oil pressure A/F gauge, and water temp gauge or tint your windows.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.

Last edited by JLw7123 : 05-31-2011 at 07:38 PM.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
cherrington17
Gone

Got my rims with summer tires for $400. Motegi MR7 17".

Its all about the hunt... keep looking, frequently and for long periods, you find good deals. (also, my stockers were bald as hell. so new tires would have cost me just as much)