Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 07-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
BlueLego
GX Member

BlueLego is on a distinguished road
high compression

Well, iv'e had these ARP head studs laying around for a while and i've been wanting to throw them in. Trouble is I can't find a reason to tear apart my motor just for the studs. What's everyones opinion on a shaved head and possibly a thinner head gasket for high compression?? won't be running boost on this motor so i'm not worried about that. Any and all input is appreciated.
BlueLego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
wat happened to the turbo?
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
BlueLego
GX Member

it was stated that i came to the conclusion of building a seperate motor for boost, so that i don't have too much down time.
stated in my above post would only take like a week depending on how long the machine shop takes.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
BlueLego
GX Member

and i'm still debating on if i even want to boost this car anymore. only reason i could really see doing it is if i get really bored and want to put people to shame by beating them in a built alero.
but really please stay on topic here. i didn't ask anything about a turbo setup.

Last edited by BlueLego : 07-12-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Bumping the CR isn't going to give you a ton more HP, it might bring you from 150 stock to maybe 152 pending on how high you go.

If you going to tear down the motor for shits and giggles and APR bolts, look into a bigger cam, a P&P job as well as higher CR pistons and a thinner HG. But don't go too thin on the HG or you'll be looking at piston to valve contact which will stop you real quick.

With just a milled head and thinner gasket and staying safe, you'll probably go from 9.5:1 to maybe 9.8:1

Remember, the flow of the head has to agree with the cam you choose, if you don't match those up correctly, it doesn't matter how much money you spend, it's not going to work correctly

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #6
BlueLego
GX Member

i'm already port and polished, i'm not tearing through the block either, ecotec heads are far too easy to get off inside the car to rip out the whole motor. they charge too much for cams on the ecotec that don't have good enough durations to pay that much. ecotec pistons are concave so i don't have to worry too much. also trying to keep the tune i already have. with cams i'll have to change shit.