Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
Stiddie
GX Member

Stiddie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Stiddie
Exclamation Missfires in la 3400

just changed my sparkplugs in my 04 alero all torqued to the spec of 132 in lbs i put e3's in so i dnt go cheap with a $1 plug cant figure it out is it the wires dnt know if they have ever been changed look ok ac delco brand I did them one at a time so could not have mixed wires and i pulled them and check all were fine no cracks in them Help
Stiddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
You had misfires before the plugs were changed or this started after?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
over time most people have found that they cause problems...the easiest way to make sure that it is the plugs and get a refund would to be to figure out which cylinder is misfiring and move that plug to a different cylinder...if the misfire moves then get something else
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
iv never been a fan of those plugs. get some ac delcos! but yeah. if you had a missfire before doign the work i suggest waht everyone else as said. find out where its missfiring first. if it was missfiring after then check the work you have done. make sure the wires are right, make sure the plugs all look ok etc.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Stiddie
GX Member

ok it was after the plug change... now i went back to advance got the Ac delco plugs that are recommended and i changed the wires as well im still getting the p300 code but now it dose seam to have the power back and it isnt flashing at me anymore when i accelerate
Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
so if it didnt missfire before but it does not then it has to be something you have done. make sure all connections of the plug wires are right. make sure you get the "click" when you push them on. make sure you didnt knock off a vacuum lines. did you damage a plug putting one in? (it happens. i chased a missfire rough running engine in my 85 c1500 all the way to a carburetor because i accidently smacked the #1 plug into the steering shaft and flattened the electrode" hate to say it but just pull it all appart. inspect EVERYTHING. and try again.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
Stiddie
GX Member

whats the chance its a coil pack
Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

its possible. HOWEVER if your car did NOT have a missfire prior to plugs, but it does now... i would tripple check your shit. hate to spend money (like i did with a $400 dollar carb for a $2.50 mistake)on something you dont need. see if you can get your hands on a scantool. or know somone that has one that can show you exactly what cylinders missing (missfire data) that will aid in your diagnosis if nothing turns up after checking your work.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
Stiddie
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
so if it didnt missfire before but it does not then it has to be something you have done. make sure all connections of the plug wires are right. make sure you get the "click" when you push them on. make sure you didnt knock off a vacuum lines. did you damage a plug putting one in? (it happens. i chased a missfire rough running engine in my 85 c1500 all the way to a carburetor because i accidently smacked the #1 plug into the steering shaft and flattened the electrode" hate to say it but just pull it all appart. inspect EVERYTHING. and try again.

got it pulled the battery off then checked it all let it sit plug the batt in code was gone took it out she prrred for day thanks
Old 08-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i heard e3's arent good plugs to run in our cars.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
SIUlero
GL Member

SIUlero is on a distinguished road
I can't imagine E3's being good to run in ANY engine. That ginormous electrode is good for nothing but blocking the flamefront. Let me demonstrate...if this guy had an E3 fan: ...he wouldn't get covered in poo!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/CrazyOldsGuy
SIUlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I've had NO LUCK with anything BUT ACDelcos in the Alero.

I had the Bosch +4's Caused missing after about 2 years, put in Delcos and it ran great, until one plug popped out, stripping the head.

After a "sleeve" type thing installed, my mech put in 4 Delcos and 2 Motorcraft of the same type. Well starting giving me problems again, so I swapped out for 6 ACDelcos after the #3 popped out again.

New heads in now, so hopfully that probelm is gone.

The plugs had nothing to do with the plugs popping out

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
Stiddie
GX Member

yeah screw those E3's garbage Delcos are working great ...fell for the damn advertising
Old 08-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #14
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

i did to a while bk
Old 09-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #15
mmorello82
GX Member

mmorello82 is on a distinguished road
In anything GM the only route is to go woth AC delco Plugs. Sounds to me that you might have bumped something or inadvertantly(sp) unplugged something. Take your time and go over it with a fine tooth comb. You might find it
mmorello82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #16
nicothehut
GX Member

nicothehut is on a distinguished road
My alero gave Miss fire codes when the cat converter fully pluged up and had to be replaced.
nicothehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #17
Goodman
GX Member

Goodman is on a distinguished road
Are AC Delco plugs not produced anymore?
because around here they are harder to find most garage wont have them in stock...

The reason is , is that NGK makes AC Delco plugs now so they don't bother keeping AC Delco plugs which are already on the way to be all phase out/replace by NGK ... or something like that?

Anyhow i bought NGK & they work great

Last edited by Goodman : 04-02-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote