Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-12-2004, 07:08 PM   #1
queen_b
GX Member

queen_b is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to queen_b
when it rains i get this sound like the rotors are bad and a vibration only when it rains and the car feels like its driving sideways during the rainin days too ne one have problems like this i have an 04 2.2.. never had probs with it til it starteed rainin here
queen_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 06:59 AM   #2
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
So you get a loud rumble type sound? Also, does your car feel like the brakes "skip" when they are wet? That is 100% normal for our cars. I even have aftermarket brake pads and rotors and still have some of it when it rains. However, it is much worse when you have the GM pads. I also think it has something to do with the wheels. It allows way too much water get on the rotors. I also work with a girl that has a 03 GrandAm GT and she has the same issues. One thing you can do when your pads wear out is replace your brake pads with some GOOD aftermarket and that will help you some.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:59 AM   #3
queen_b
GX Member

queen_b is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to queen_b
they said my pads and rotors are good and that on next thrusday they are goin to check the calipers .. but u see they buy the pads from my store where i work at.... lol so i know that the pads they put on there are good...lol...
queen_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 10:54 AM   #4
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
is the vibration through the steering wheel?? if it is you have bad rotors
take the car on a straight road and hit the brakes and see if the car pulls to one side
the calipers sliding pins and bolts have a tendency to freeze up causing a caliper to bind up
that`s what i can think of right now
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:28 PM   #5
2001alerogl

i have had the same problems i had gm brake pads on and got them changed to aftermarket pads it helped some .
but with mine once you applied the brakes a few times that sound whent away is is usually when you start out after having the car parked for a little bit.