Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-01-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

My windows STAY fogged up. I keep my defroster on but they stay fogged up. I've checked all the carpet and there isn't any moisture in the car. It's been soo bad that if the temp is below freezing, I have to scrape the windshield from the INSIDE to get the thin layer of ice/frost off before I can drive it. When I clean my windows, I use this stuff that I got from my cousin who works at an auto shop. It's safe for tinted windows and doesn't cause foggy windows so I know it's not that. Plus, I've used it on my Moms car and it hasn't caused her windows to fog up. Any idea where this might be coming from, what could be causing it, and how would I go about fixing it? I left my car in a heated garage yesterday with all the windows down, thinking it would solve the problem. I left for work last night and not even 5 minutes after I left my house, they were fogged up again. I mostly use the defroster as a heater but when I do use the actual heater, I don't use the recirculation because that brings moisture into the car (so I've been told.. I really don't know). So what could be causing this? I'm sure someone else has had this problem, if so, how'd you fix it? Thanks in advance

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
stop breathing...that usually causes the windows to fog up...LOL. Make sure that the heater is actually blowing HOT air and not just warm...if that is the case, you could need a new t-stat. also, i wasn't sure that recirc was an option with the defroster...maybe i'm wrong, but its too damn cold for me to go outside and check...
Old 03-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never had that problem with my Alero, but my mom's Taurus does it all the time. The dealer told her to turn the AC on while the heat is all the way up and defroster on ful blast, it helps to get the moisture out.

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:58 AM   #4
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
lol... Brad... don't know how long I can hold my breath The recirculation doesn't apply when using the defroster. I meant that I don't use it when I use just the heater. I mostly use the defroster. And yes, it does blow hot air. It'll burn you up AFTER it finally warms up. It does take about 25 minutes to warm up really good in about 20 degree weather.

Thanks Sarah. I'll give that a shot.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:14 PM   #5
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
Check to see if your A/C is working at all, if it ever gets warm enough or you can find a heated garage blast the A/C and see if it works.
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:10 PM   #6
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
25 minutes is a long time for it to warm up. I'd check into getting the coolant system flushed out and popping in a new t-stat. Mine never took longer then 5 minutes to warm up after I had flushed the system out.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:29 PM   #7
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
25 minutes is a long ass time...mine only takes a few minutes at most, 25 is entirely too long; get that fixed
Old 03-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #8
Spook

I gotta agree with the 25 min thing. When mine was covered in 2 feet of snow it only took about 5 mins to warm up.
And I dont think I've ever actually seen anyone scrape the inside of thier windshield before. That has to suck.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:12 PM   #9
onewildwillie

This is exactly what my problem started like. Inside fogging up. and at one time I had to leave the defroster on full with full heat and only had a small opening to see out the front of the vehicle.. Turned out I had a leak in the heater core and the moisture gets sent through the heat ducts. open the hood and look on the firewall sort of in the lower center area. there is a small rubber boot that allows any normal humidity to exhaust through that little boot. I had a regular drip comming from that thing and the first time i took it to the dealer he said it was normal. then the fog thing started and i took it back and it was the heater core. cost me over $300 cdn. :wah: