Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #1
christq
GX Member

christq is on a distinguished road
Greetings

Hello my name is Quentin,

I currently own a '99 Alero GX 3.4 sedan, I have been meaning to post some pictures, but alas, I broke up a family of racoons last friday, and just got done re-fiberglassing my lower front bumper, it could be worse, I nailed a skunk the weekend before, I guess some animals cant see white. I have been a fan of this site and have gotten some good ideas, which I appreciate. I reside near Princeton Illinois, and am a graduate of SIU in Carbondale, class 04, and have been scrambling to get my car ready for the yearly homecoming, and i am waiting on my new back end to arrive, ( SUBS and AMPS) while doing several little mods here and there. ANYWAY i got a couple of questions that i would like some ideas and answers on (I am not too lazy to search, I own my computer consulting company which I will blame it on lack of time)
1. MY GAS GAUGE, my gas gauge is fun for road trips, basically I started the night on full, and after about 240 miles and going down to a quarter tank, my gas gauge begins a steadly march to full, by the time it reaches full again that is 10 gallons used.
2. dual tip dual exhaust what is a appropriate kit to buy borla, pacesetter 88-1474, etc? I dont like fart cans ( they are only applicable if you have a turbo,) if you no turbo, i pull over to point and laught at them
3. when i open my doors the lights dont come on, any door, i have to roll the light switch or hit the dope light, if it is bad relay, where is that relay located? I was leaning more toward it being with one the switchs but what do i know?
4th but not least, when i bought the car, 122k for $2400 (I put in 1800) i did not notice, but there is a delay of 5 seconds or longer, from the time you take the car out of neutral to drive, that the transmission stays in neutral, then the you get engagement. no sounds or wrrrs. it just takes 5 seconds. I am leaning towards the bands going bad. price comparison, easier to have it rebuilt or order a rebuilt one 4t45e

Last edited by christq : 10-01-2007 at 12:09 AM.
christq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Quentin. Wher exactly is Walnut,IL.?

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
christq
GX Member

hop on 80 west bound off 55, for about 97 miles puts you roughly in princeton, or 60 miles east of quad cities on il rt 92, pretty much a little left of central illinois

Last edited by christq : 10-01-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
robz02alero
GL Member

robz02alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to robz02alero
Glad to have you on the forum. Remember, man who work for Goodyear gets tired easily!
COMING HOME SOON
robz02alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:22 AM   #5
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60

To give Oldsnut an idea of where it's at. lol I'm from Indiana, a little over 3 hours away. Welcome to the site and have fun! Use the search engine and clear your corners! haha
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #6
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
I was in that neck of the wood last week.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:22 AM   #7
christq
GX Member

yeah, i forgot to mention I already cleared them the day i bought it, with thanks my 42 in oven
Old 10-01-2007, 02:36 AM   #8
SIUlero
GL Member

SIUlero is on a distinguished road
Welcome! When you make it down here, look me up. I've been here since 01, going to SIU off and on.

The fuel gauge problem sounds like it's probably something with the sending unit in the tank...you'll have to replace the fuel pump with it to fix it, which is fairly expensive, so as long as you can deal with it, I'd say leave it till the pump quits. Your transmission probably needs flushed, or at least some cleaner added to it. I don't think it would be a band causing your problem. I have no input on the exhaust...most people on here pick a muffler and have a custom set of pipes fabbed up. I think that's the way I'm leaning for mine too.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/CrazyOldsGuy
SIUlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 AM   #9
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard!
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #10
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #11
zoomie
GX Member

zoomie is on a distinguished road
Welcome