Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #21
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
hmmm learning alot of interesting and new things
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #22
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Yes, you can swap just these cams in and say "I'm done". They're said to give you an extra 15-25hp depending on other mods. For $100 you can't beat it.

How do you know where the timing chain goes on the cam sprockets? Easy, use a white paint marker and mark the chain and sprocket in the same place. When you put everything back together, line up the marks. Done.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like i really should look into swapping the cams while the head's apart eh?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #24
red99ws6
GX Member

red99ws6 is on a distinguished road
just curious, how does the cams swap make the car sound? does it lope? my other car is a WS6 so im really a V-8 guy but for that kind of performance gain for $100 i might be interested
red99ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:52 AM   #25
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
It won't really lope unless you go with W41 (or custom ground) cams and at that it will require some machining work and most likely some tuning to get it to run good. I wouldn't recommend W41 cams on an automatic unless you really want to punish it revving to 7400.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:37 AM   #26
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
How do you know the right position for the cams when you put the chain back on? I always wondered that. I guess screwing your valves is not something you want to happen...

it is actually pretty easy...........there are dowel pin holes in the cam gear and timing chain housing.

what i did was put motor at TDC on cyl #1 and then used dowel pins to lock it all in then install timing chain.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:38 AM   #27
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by red99ws6 View Post
just curious, how does the cams swap make the car sound? does it lope? my other car is a WS6 so im really a V-8 guy but for that kind of performance gain for $100 i might be interested

it lopes a little put nothing compared to a V-8