Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-02-2004, 09:55 PM   #1
aleropimp1

OK i have an intake on my car and i got a new muff and for the next thing i wanted to go with new exhuast headers. i have a 2.4l manual 2001 alero and i wanted to know what a good header was that will fit and be easy to instal, also is cheap becouse i am cheap i don;t want to spend to much i am gready. o ya and will it change the sound of my car and what nots.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:10 PM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
cheap is pacesetter header. but you looking at around $200 for install of header.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:07 PM   #3
aleropimp1

really you don;t think i could do it myself i am kinda handy i put my intake in my car in about 10 mins
Old 03-02-2004, 11:13 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
you need acustom downpipe. you need to have the upstream o2 snsor either mounted on the oppisite side(passenger side) or put it in the down pipe.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:08 AM   #5
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
I recomend on the other side, for the O2 sensor. Oldsman are you having any problems with that setup? the down pipe idea is giving me a nightmares, I re-doing the whole thing when I a job.

You could do it yourself if you have the following:
1. a lift
2. a MIG welder w/ SS wire.
3. a pipe bender
4. a pipe expander/reducer
and a few other things

What I plan on running is the OBX header, unless I can aford Stan's, pacesetter is poop, the ID flex pipe, and my catco cat. all 2.5" from the down pipe to the 2.25 mandrel bent borla. Oh yeah that will give me a full stainless setup (if I use the OBX) from the head to the tips

Anyway you slice it your looking at about 350-400 installed for most headers.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:49 PM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

nosweat, did the ceramic pacesetter header. they put his o2 on the passenger side of the collector. after they finially got the right o2 sensor it started working good. his install cost him a little over $200.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:35 PM   #7
97cavie24ls

hello , i work at pacesetter and we just got done fitting the grand am

and we are going to have a new part # header for the 99-02 2.4 N-bodies

ill let you guys know as soon as i get the part # for the header

also we are doing a single 2.25 exhaust with a cross flow muffler with dual outs with dual tips on each side

just wanted to let you guys know
Old 03-17-2004, 02:59 PM   #8
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
how much is the pacesetter header?
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 03:19 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Mar 2 2004, 10:13 PM
you need to have the upstream o2 snsor either mounted on the oppisite side(passenger side) or put it in the down pipe.
just a word of warning, after doing serious reading on EFI, DO NOT mount the O2 sensor in the downpipe. This throws off the reading and will generate codes. According to everything I have read, including GM's manuals, the upstream sensor needs to be as close to exhaust ports as practical. In other words in the collector.

As for pacesetter cost. the 2.4 black steel is ~$150USD and ceramic ~$250USD from highrevmotorsports.com