Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 12-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
passenger air bag removal

Im going to be re wrapping my passenger air bag cover and i was wondering how it comes out and how long it take. any info is appreciated thanks
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
If it's similar to the GMT900 PAB you gotta undo it from behind the cover, meaning you have to gain access to in the dash where the metal housing is and probably pry off the plastic tabs that hold it to the housing.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 AM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
well that sounds like no fun. maybe ill wait till spring and see if i can just find a new one
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #4
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
you need to take out your glovebox to get to the screws that are inside of the dash to get it out

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
comanche
V.I.P. Member

comanche is an unknown quantity at this point
Safety first!
If removing passenger side airbag:
Disconnect both battery cables and wait 10 minutes.
Remove glove box.
Two bolts hold the airbag in. The airbag connector is located, iirc, at the rh fuse panel access.
comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
you need to take out your glovebox to get to the screws that are inside of the dash to get it out

^what he said...pretty simple. like 4 bolts or something like that once the glove box is out of the way...

I have no idea what the other guy is talking about with plastic clips and shit...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I am not specifically familiar with the Alero passenger airbag (produced by Autoliv), but I can give generic advice on airbag systems.. usually (at least 2010 models lol) the cover is held to the metal housing by tabs that pry off.
I used to work at Takata (Autoliv's competitor, and #1 supplier in the world of car/truck airbag systems)
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
just smack into something.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
I am not specifically familiar with the Alero passenger airbag (produced by Autoliv), but I can give generic advice on airbag systems.. usually (at least 2010 models lol) the cover is held to the metal housing by tabs that pry off.
I used to work at Takata (Autoliv's competitor, and #1 supplier in the world of car/truck airbag systems)

i thought the alero's were pinch welded in the middle no? meaning the top isn't removable without destruction. Pretty sure I had one that was blown out at one point and the top was impossible to remove without cutting...