Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2003, 09:47 PM   #1
David

Hey everyone. This is my first post so let me introduce myself. My name is David from Toronto. This is a cool community you have here. I'm glad I found a place to talk Alero's.

Anyway, I'm having some problems with my car. I was wondering if any of you guys have had the same problems, maybe you can let me know how you fixed them. I did do a search but there were some things I couldn't find.

My car is 2000 GL with the 3.4 litre V6 and 70,000km on the clock. The car is totally stock. Oil is changed every 5000km. Car is fully maintained by my dealer.

Anyway, here's my list.

1. Car makes a squealing noise coming from the front passenger side wheel whenever the car is moving. It seems to get faster and louder the faster the car goes.

- Could this be the wheel bearing problem I read about in my search?

2. Car makes a groaning/whining and whirring (think of rubbing two pieces of polyster together) noise whenever I turn my steering wheel.

- I'm thinking power steering pump, but not sure.

3. Whenever I drive it sounds as though I have a bag of marbles rattling around in my dash above the radio.

- Have no idea what is causing this

4. Whenever I drive on the highway at or above 120km/h the steering wheel vibrates excessively.

- Dealer balanced the wheels at my last oil change but it didn't help. It is obviously something else but I can't figure it out.

5. The "Charging System Indicator Lamp" in the dash comes on every morning when I start the car. It goes away whenever I put the car into drive. A couple of times It has come on while driving, but goes away after a couple of seconds.

- When my dealer looked at the car they said they couldn't find any electrical faults anywhere. They did some test apparently. So I'm kind of scratching my head as to what is tripping off the light.

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can provide.

David.