Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #1
halfJ99

has anyone tried installing grand prix seats in there alero?...like newer grand prix's i been looking to get leather seats and i remember they come with some nice ones
Old 02-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
just have yours reupholstered. Ive been thinking about the new seat route but honestly its just too pricey. Im getting my drivers seat fixed and black suede inserts installed on all my seats and door panels for 600 bucks
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
halfJ99

umm no...getting the seats re-done will be at least a grand..plus my seats just suck to much to wanna do that...so if anyone has an answer to my accual question it would be appreciated
Old 03-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
derek_ski99
GL Member

i did answer your question dude...

DONT BOTHER...new grand prix seats will cost you even more than just reupholstering yours. Fixing a seat runs about 200 bucks and then get some inserts. Wont cost a grand if you shop around and trust me i know because ive actually got an appointment to have mine done
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
derek_ski99
GL Member

i mean how crappy are your seats first of all? which ones?

only way its costing a grand is if you want ALL new leather on all your seats and you have some busted seats too

Old 03-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #6
FantomForceCustoms02
GL Member

FantomForceCustoms02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FantomForceCustoms02
The grand prix seats might be too wide. I can't remember how wide the alero seats are cause I've had racing seats in for awhile, but the grand prix seats are pretty big. I've got some alero seats just sitting around my basement you can have if your close to Pittsburgh. I'm not trying to ship them.
http://www.myspace.com/fantomforce
FantomForceCustoms02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #7
halfJ99

im not asking about re-upolstered seats dude..so if you got nothing to add to my question about the grand prix seats..then i ask you kindly to not reply here...thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 07:13 AM   #8
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
I know you need to look at Katskins 1st. The grand prix seats are going to be wide but if you think they will match rails and you dont mind cutting into door panels or the console then prove us all wrong.

He'll kindly ask you not to reply haha

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:24 AM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gonna try and salvage this situation here. The direct answer to your question is, I DONT KNOW OF anyone here that has tried newer model Gran Prix seats. Some of the people here are overzealous to put in their two cents worth to prove they know something, and dont exactly read the question.

The way to find out if they will work, is get a tape measure and a flashlight, and kindly take yourself down to the dealership and take some measurements, because I'm certain that somebody around you will have a newer GP.

Step one, open the car door on the proposed donor GP.
Step two, take the flashlight in one hand, and ready the tape measure in the other.
Step three, kneel forward at the doorsill, shine the flashlight under the seat at the mount bolts.
Step four, put the end of the tape measure on one bolt, and unreel tape until you reach the opposite bolt that you wish to measure.
*now, this is the really important part, so pay attention not to mess this up.
STEP FIVE, along with the flashlight, wedge your head all the way up under the seat so that you can see the numbers on the tape next to the bolt you wish to measure to. If you dont have your head all the way under the seat, you might read the tape at an angle and get the wrong measurement.
***caution: do not rest your other hand near the electric seat adjustment levers***

Now you dont have to deal with everybody trying to offer you suggestions on a better way to save you from the headache that you're probably going to revert to anyway.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #10
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
True most have not...I have not tried Grand Prix seats...I did try Intrigue seats...no fit period

Have a good day
Old 03-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #11
halfJ99

no if it dosnt fit then im not gonna do it...iv already done that *$#@ trying to fit saturn ion seats in a cavalier...guess ill just stick to picking up a set from a grand am this spring....thanks for the replys though
Old 03-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #12
derek_ski99
GL Member

you truly are a moron

i answered your question...the answer being save yourself the headache because it wont work. obviously YOU werent listening to the LOGICAL responses.

Have fun trying to jam those seats in...seems like you already have practice putting crappy seats in cars

Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #13
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
relax derek, the dude had a question about fitment. no need to rip him a new one. maybe he likes the styling of the gp seats more than his alero seats. for those of us who don't have leather, it is a very logical question. i had thought of the same thing about a week ago. does that make me an idiot too? it's great that you are doing your own custom thing with the inserts, now let him do his own thing and don't whore his post.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #14
AGT
GLS member

Now Now...sometimes a whore is your friend...mmmkay kids

Have a good day
Old 03-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #15
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
why dont you get some leather reacing seats of ebay for like 200 for 2?? when i get the money thats what im going to do!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #16
derek_ski99
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 2fst4u@Mar 2 2006, 06:49 PM
relax derek, the dude had a question about fitment. no need to rip him a new one. maybe he likes the styling of the gp seats more than his alero seats. for those of us who don't have leather, it is a very logical question. i had thought of the same thing about a week ago. does that make me an idiot too? it's great that you are doing your own custom thing with the inserts, now let him do his own thing and don't whore his post.

no im not whoring his post. he asked a question regarding GP seats. I said he was better off having his seats wrapped in leather or done up however he wants. then he takes some attitude with me because i didnt start off by saying i dont know anyone who had GP seats and probably because they wont fit. he had it coming for acting like an ass and not taking another person's opinion and answer for what it was worth

Old 03-03-2006, 12:50 AM   #17
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I think he took your reply for what it was worth, and obviously he wasn't impressed. If he rejected your opinion, as others opinions have been rejected in the forums, do like I do, go cool off and GET OVER IT.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:06 AM   #18
halfJ99

im acting like a ass? lol wow guess it dosnt take much now a days...please, im trying to be decent about it...im happy for you that your getting you inserts...cool dude , that just isnt what im looking for but thanks for the input and the bumps to the top and welcome to my ignored list
Old 03-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #19
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

El Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Pablo
simmer down now :P
Old 05-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #20
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Let us know if the grand prix seats fit. I have leather, but I can't stand the cumfort of our seats. In my opinion, racing styles do not go with our interior design and is not a option. I am currently saving money to have mine reshaped. My father just had a upholster shop do this to his van. The guy added and cut the foam to give a better lumbar and side protrusion. A small portion of the fabric had to be altered, but it only cost 100 for two seats plus material. I believe 150. I hadn't thought about the option to add other seats. The grand prix is pretty sweet and may be around the same price used. Good luck.
I almost forgot. What would be the best way to match the color when ordering from the internet. Is there a color code for the alero. I have the neutral seats.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote