Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 06:32 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "speedy"
www.fastfwdperformance.com

Worth every penny. Install is very easy compared to some of our other mods but be carefule about making sure you don't get an oil leak. I have to remove mine and reseal it cause I am leaking a bit of oil.

No dyno results from it but they have some on their site. Definately worth the money if installed correctly.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:35 PM   #2
mfuller

Figured I'd add a real quick review, since I just installed a FFP UD crank pulley on my 3400 a few days ago.

Removal of the old pulley is a pain in the butt. On my vehicle, the crank pulley bolt came out easy as pie (an impact wrench helps and is highly recommended), but pulling the OEM pulley off the crank was a bitch-and-a-half. There's not a whole lot of room to work, especially since there are A/C lines to navigate around. Once the old pulley was off, installation of the FFP pulley was relatively easy; the included instructions were very easy to follow, and there are illustations on the website.....but I couldn't torque the crank bolt to the factory-spec 76lb-ft.....although at probably 60lb-ft, it's tighter than it was. I had been a bit concerned about the 24X crank trigger ring, so beforehand I purchased an extra crank pulley from GMPartsDirect and used the crank ring from it (and Loc-Tited the 3 set screws in)......this way, if the FFP unit didn't work, the stocker could be re-installed without any fuss.

Turns out, I worry too much. The car fired right back up as though nothing had changed....no check engine lights either (even after 6 or 7 starts and 300 miles of driving). No idling problems either, even after the car got up to temperature. Performance? The car seems to rev a smidge faster, and may accelerate a bit harder above 4000rpm (strangely, there is also an increase in exhaust noise at this point in the rev range). I have monitored electrical voltage via my LS1M, and it seems unchanged at about 13.8V. I did need to use a slightly shorter 85.5" drive belt with the smaller pulley. I have heard advertised increases of about 5 or 7HP, so this pulley doesn't make an earth-shattering difference. So far, it seems worth the $140US it costs for the pulley and a new belt, but we'll see if the times at the track detect any difference.