Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 10-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
gtpracer

Exhaust questions

Okay now that I know I am getting a dhp pcm. I have to decide on what to do about exhaust. Will the grand am dual exhaust work on the aleo? do they have biigger down pipes for aleros? what about o2 deletes? and how big of an exhaust should I run back.....2.25, 2.5? I want it to run as free as possible. Let me know guys....THANX!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
2.5 inch is good. Borla makes a nice kit, SLP does too, but as I'm finding out now the SLP muffler turns to crap after 2 years and sounds ricey.

You could do Flowmaster 80 or dual 40's like Sweet has, which I think I'm going to do now.

O2 delete has to be done at the PCM, but you could get O2 sims from PFYC

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
gtpracer

I got ahold of somone at zzp performance and they are going to do my pcm for 80 dollars. I will have them do the delete on the o2's. Also has any one tried hooker exhaust on there car? I had them on my grand prix and they sounded AWESOME!
Old 10-02-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
projectalero

I personally like the flowmaster 80. A 3.4 sounds close to a V8 with the 80. If you have a body kit with dual cutouts in the back the 80 will help your car look better or at least more balanced. Call me crazy but i think that if you have dual cutouts then both of them need to be filled or else it looks retarded.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
FartCannonAlero

like ive said before...fart cannon is the way to go...HAHA
Old 10-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ And I'll say it again

Ummmm, no

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 10-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #7
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectalero View Post
I personally like the flowmaster 80. A 3.4 sounds close to a V8 with the 80. If you have a body kit with dual cutouts in the back the 80 will help your car look better or at least more balanced. Call me crazy but i think that if you have dual cutouts then both of them need to be filled or else it looks retarded.

well im assuming youve never heard anything but the 80 on a 3400. and it sounds nothing like a v8 thats for dam sure.

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #8
LDR92801
Broke-ass intern

LDR92801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to LDR92801
Not to jack the thread but I also had an exhaust question. I installed my SLP about a month ago and I noticed that the pipe doesn't really hug the bottom of the car, it hangs down a bit. I am lowered and the roads around here tend to suck so I really don't want to drag the pipe on the road. Anyone else have this problem or have any advice on how to fix it. I plan on taking it down to the exhaust shop and have everything welded in just wondering what I should tell them to do to fix it. Thanks
Current mods: Carbon Fiber Interior by VCFinishes, 18" GB Motegi SP5 wheels, Dr. Speed CAI, cleared corners, tinted tails, 2-12" RF P2 subs, 20% tint, Sprint Springs, Halo Gauges, GAGT mirrors, Clarion VRX765VD, SLP Front and Rear STB, SLP exhaust, MSD wires, razzi wing
Coming Soon: DHP PCM, new car after college

BUY MY WHEELS
18" 182 eagle alloys (FOR SALE) in the Bazaar.
LDR92801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

^^ If your talking about the pipe around the gas tank, don't worry about it.

Yes the SLP hangs a bit lower than the stock exhaust, but unless you can see daylight between the top of the pipe and the car, it's fine

www.facebook.com/kb0177