Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
lowlyfe95

HVAC control problems

First off this is my first post here and im searching for help...
my girlfriend has an 03 alero that i just finished installing a sound system into (kept the stock deck and added an amp and subs) and everything went well. i installed all the trim and wire harnesses and now the air will only blow hot-warm air on every selector, and the A/C, defrost and inside-outside air selectors do not work anymore....
Help me, she wont leave me alone!!

Last edited by lowlyfe95 : 05-10-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 AM   #2
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
wow ... i would say it could be the blower motor resistor although I dont remember it causing this kind of problem.

BTW I moved this topic to the correct area.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Might check to see if you have a short or ground and blew a fuse.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyfe95 View Post

BTW...

Love this part
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #5
sofa
GL Member

sofa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to sofa
Loose connection on the HVAC and vacuum lines im assuming.
Also firstly id check a fuse for sure after installing the stereo might have grounded somthing out
Try unpluging the vacuum lines from the position selector to see if theres vacuum
Also the heat door might be stuck open thats caused by the whole HVAC control being screwd and youll have to get a new one

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2313940 http://www.myspace.com/kowch
sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #6
myowneq
GX Member

myowneq is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had similar problems, but that was more due to me chaning the lights on the HVAC panel. If you didn't remove the HVAC unit from the bezel, then I dunno. I would say double check all the connections on the back end.
myowneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #7
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
sounds like the vacuum line on the back of the temp. selector is messed up. as for the bottom 4 bottons not working, probably a simple didn't get wires pluged in tight or something like that.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyfe95 View Post
First off this is my first post here and im searching for help...
my girlfriend has an 03 alero that i just finished installing a sound system into (kept the stock deck and added an amp and subs) and everything went well. i installed all the trim and wire harnesses and now the air will only blow hot-warm air on every selector, and the A/C, defrost and inside-outside air selectors do not work anymore....

imo

the heater control valve isn't shutting, wide open full coolant rushing to the heater core and the blower is probably pushing it through the vents.

The vacuum swith should be purely mechanical, so I'd check the 2 silicone lines that run into it, the rest of the electrical switches are as said, more than likely a blown fuse, there must have been a short that took place somewhere, either the battery was connected and one of the connectors was off and brushed on metal, or there is a loose contact on one of those connectors to the blower switch, ventilation switch, or blower selector

my 2 cents

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
The temperature control is done electrically, the position and recirculation controls are done by vacuum. There's no heater control valve, but a blend door which has an actuator on it. There's no heater control valve, the heater core always has coolant running through it.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
Banks860
GX Member

Banks860 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Banks860 Send a message via Yahoo to Banks860
so how do i fix my control. my control for the blower motor. the only speed that works is the last one. so im driven around with it on full blast or nothing. not only that its cold in the morning and i got a cracked windshield so its a pain in the ass.
Banks860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 AM   #11
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Either the blower resistor or the relay.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote