Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-07-2004, 09:29 PM   #1
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
So yea.. me and my buddy decided it would be fun to mount some 00Ga fog lights rallye style on my aler-hoe... so we did but we also pulled the bumper off.. and while it was off... we were like what the hell why not.. looked at the intake track.. and we were shocked...
the "tuner tube" or thats what we've called it is massive... and has like 3 seperate box things... and really it only pulls air outta one small opening about 2.5inches around from behind the headlight...
:rolleyes:

So yea.. i yanked that shat out.. lol
its accually louder so im happy.. and it should flow a lil better i allready have the k&N drop in.. just need to run some ducting up there to behind the headlight :thumbsup:

ima try and get some pics of the stupid thing... what a waste of time.. allthou it makes it Quiet... w/e.... we can call it stage one weight reduction :P haha

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #2
3.4Alero

Yea, most of us know what it looks like. That was the first thing I did to my alero. K&N drop in and took out all that crap.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:35 PM   #3
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Oh i know Some of us have seen it.. but im sure that not everyone on here has.. lol w.e

i think i may just smash mine with a large hammer...
Or maybe get my buddy to drive over it with his hummer...
lol either would be good
hahahahaha :P

Old 04-07-2004, 10:39 PM   #4
wy3134

Please post some pics, i havent had a chance to do any stage 1 weight reductions yet (actually ive done some stage 2 weight additions with my sub box )
Old 04-07-2004, 11:58 PM   #5
BLK03GXS
GLS member

LoL it was easy 2 take out.. allthou i wouldnt really call it a weight reduction... but it is some weight.. and its a waste of time lol.

I'll try and post some pics this weekend... well my weekend sun-mon-tues cus the POS is at my buddys place where we yanked it out :thumbsup:

Old 04-08-2004, 04:11 PM   #6
mixmastercase
GL Member

mixmastercase is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mixmastercase
This might be a dumb question but what is a tuner tube and do I have to take off the bumper to remove it.
mixmastercase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 04:50 PM   #7
BLK03GXS
GLS member

No its not a dumb Question, there are other names for it... allthou i cant think of any right now.. on our cars its in the drivers side right front fenderwell...
What it does: From what i know it is there to mearly A: make the induction noise of a vehicle quieter
B: allows the air for the engine to be pulled in ahead of the wheels.. to reduce the chance of watter/dirt, and get cooler air from behind the headlight(thats where it comes from on ours...)

I dont think you HAVE to take the bumper off.... its not neccicarry but we were doing some work with the bumper anyways.. it easy to take off... and when you get to it the thing has only like 2 bolts and 2 clips holding it as i recall... something like that...
If you want to put in a CAI you would have to remove this, and its really just an annoyance... well if you like hearin your engine... then its a piece of poop :P

Old 04-08-2004, 07:48 PM   #8
3.4Alero

You only have to pull off the front left fender liner. Not the bumper.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:16 PM   #9
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
can u do it by removing the front headlight instead?
Old 04-08-2004, 09:22 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
no, i'm pretty sure you can't....
Old 04-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #11
Purple&Black

No, you can't do it just with the headlight removed. However, one of the bolts holding it on is right near the opening. Removing the headlight makes getting that bolt a lot easier. As long as we're talking about the 3400, here's a pic with the locations of the three bolts...just so if someone is going to take theirs out and can't seem to get it...

Old 04-08-2004, 09:32 PM   #12
BLK03GXS
GLS member

i would suggest removing the inner fender.. i dont think it'll come out the other way.. but will come out with the inner fender out.. takes like 15 minutes... and you should jack the car up, so you can take the fender out.. i beleave their are a few 10mm bolts and some clips... :thumbsup:

Old 04-09-2004, 08:33 AM   #13
mlcroy20

N-Body tech section... instructions on how to do this!

It's really easy!!! :thumbsup:
Old 04-09-2004, 03:01 PM   #14
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Yes it is really easy lol, btw has anyone ever gotten flack from their dealer for this mod? or no?

on and yea.. i willtry and post some pics on sunday er somethin... cus the one on my car is bigger.. and has more compartments

Old 04-12-2004, 04:31 PM   #15
3.4Alero

Hmmm... that's weird. Mine looks the same as the one above. Three pieces plus the box. Anyway, that was one of the first things I did when I bought the car new, and my dealer never said anything.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:28 PM   #16
alerotuner

My dealer actually made the suggestion to me about taking about the intake snorkel. The only warning they gave me was it was going to make my car louder since I have any exhaust system already on it.