Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Short Shifter

I bought one last week, and on the instruction its mentionned "You may have to re-adjust your shifting cables"

I wanted to know if ppl that have installed short shifter on their Alero had to do that, and if yes, how do you do that?

Thank you
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
there is a thread that BlackJack showed what to do ... I'll see if I can find it.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
Vinalero
GLS member

Isn't BlackJack's Alero Automatic?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
yea ... but there is a slack adjustment on the auto too
Old 07-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ Oldsman will have to disagree with you on that

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

i know he disagreed with BlackJack too ... egh ... whatever
Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
Vinalero
GLS member

Nvm, I manage to understand what they meant by adjusting when tearing all appart. I must say I was really anxious about breaking something, but all was done well. Ill take some pics of it. For 60 bucks, its a solid product. Even came with a weighted knob.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2007, 01:40 AM   #8
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Which shifter did you get? Oh, and you adjust the cables on the 5-speed right up by the shifter itself.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Which shifter did you get? Oh, and you adjust the cables on the 5-speed right up by the shifter itself.

Yeah, I manage to understand that when removing the stock shifter (which I had to completely destroy in order to get the freaking retainer out, my ass that the knob can be pulled out of there, even with a metal saw it gave me trouble lol)

Its not even listed on ebay anymore. I've compared it with the stock one, the top part is nearly half the lenght of the stock one (maybe even more, as before I used to play with the volume of the radio having my arm resting on the shifter, I did it machinally yesterday, but now my fingers are just higher than the HVAC buttons lol ) and the shifter ends that connect to the fore-aft cable is like 1/3 of an inch longer. Throws are soo much precise now and significally shorter. All parts are full stainless (beside the new pivot pin that is in alu). The knob weight i'd say 2-3 pounds. Feels great.

It's from a store under the auction listings. It is generally the one just up of the B&M ones. It cost me 59.50$ + shipping (15 bucks, sweet). from this guy (awesome ebayer, insanely fast shipping):

http://stores.ebay.com/pctrading888_...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Quote:

Last edited by Vinalero : 07-13-2007 at 05:06 PM.