Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-19-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
toddbobby
GX Member

toddbobby is an unknown quantity at this point
SPL components

What do you guys think of these? They are made by SPL Audio. I can get a set for $60. Also how hard would it be to put these in my doors? Thanks for you help.

toddbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
I think they are uber shlt by a crap company. I wouldnt even waste time with them.

Cadence has some factory direct comps that run about $80 shipped that are supposed to be alright. Search E bay.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Crap company, i think not. I have a 1500watt amp powering 2 12" polk momo's and the amp has never failed me. Puts out great power and never overheats. Has never kicked off on its own and hasnt blown a fuse. Great quality amp for the money. So just because it isnt TOP OF THE LINE, NAME BRAND audio equipment doesnt mean that it is crap....
Old 09-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Ok, so you got an amp thats never blown a fuse or went into protect, so that means the entire product line is good?

Ive been to the distributor and handled most of their products. Its cheaply made crap.

Also hes looking at a component set here, not an amp. Its an extremely critical part of his system!

If he puts a crap speaker up front, its gonna sound like crap. Regardless of your amp blowing fuses or not.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
I was simply stating that it isnt a completely crap company. They make some decent product.

I havent dealt with their speakers, so Im not sure about them, but I just wanted to put out there that it isnt a complete crap company. Sorry Im not able to deal with the distributor and go mess with all their "crap" in order to give an opinion on all of their product, but the product that I have from them has worked great. You hear of people having problems with their amps all the time, just random problems, I know you hear it considering you are an audio guru of sorts, but I havent had one problem. So I just felt that was worth saying about SPL.

But yea dont take anything personal, just my opinion on the company.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
For 60 dollars you can buy a spl 15" subwoofer.....not my first choice or my last!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:49 AM   #7
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbobby View Post
What do you guys think of these? They are made by SPL Audio. I can get a set for $60. Also how hard would it be to put these in my doors? Thanks for you help.

Sound is very subjective. What sounds good to one person may sound horrible to the next. This is why I suggest against buying products without listening. You must also concider that every speaker will sound different in each car. Your speaker housing, dampening behind the speaker, amp and source unit will have an affect. The same can be said for where one person places a speaker compared to another. If the little nuances in music don't affect you, then it may be worth trying the net. However, if you find yourself dissecting everything you hear then try a audio store. If you will have the speakers powered from stock HU, then don't let the salsman place a amp on it. Check each speaker from the same HU. And most importantly, use your music. If your music is primarily bass or mid bass,then there will be plenty of speakers to choose from. If you like the midrange, normal vocals, then it may be harder. Try not to sit directly in front of a speaker. Your best bet is to be higher than the speaker to simulate your car enviornment. Don't be afraid to ask for a box or a chair. You may be able to simply kneel down. This will help to see how one speaker handles off axis placement.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote