Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 12-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
spyhunter couple of questions

1. ok the first one is i need if you can? your safc2 settings for the sensor settings and you lo fuel settings on the afc i dont need the hi fuel settings. i installed mine according to NY-jbodies but they are no longer there this was like 2 years ago anyways the reason why i ask it because im getting a PO107 code ( i know about the resistor deal also trust me i went to gm and got their how to fix a code procedure and just for this code is 7 pages long on how to fix it i followed it to the t and it all pass as it says on the paper ) also one thing i have never notice anyone checking is that a po107 code can also be triggered by the map sensor sitting on top of the gas tank , for those that have change their fuel pump should of have seen this too.
Well spy my fuel setup is blazer pump , rc 440 injectors, safc2 and accel regulator set at 30 psi on the line, oh also forgot to mention that my freaking car dies when i come to a stop too i dont know if that happend to you too but if you know how to fix this problem that would be great. i serch alot for it on how to fix it and no one had a desent answer for it, i done my reserch and ive been looking into j-body.org for a long time since like late 2001 or so and also been looking into grandamgt.com, n-body.net , *********central.com trust me i serched. Any help spy would be great..

2. this question its actually for anybody that can give the best and answer ive looked for this also but no stickies or anyhting anywhere or good info.... ? what do i have to do to make a 00 ecu fit my 99 grand am ( i know about all the stupied little things like injectors and stater and all but my car is turbo so...... i already have the 2bar sensor sitting here also ) i know about the knok sensor being diferent and the 02 sensor i already switch mine to a heated sensor. so please if someone have a really good answer please help , and i hope the best answer becomes a stickie to help future N body owners along the line when this cars become classics LOL

thank you in advance....
Old 12-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input

Remember, it may also not be caused by a setting, but could also be caused by faulty wiring, bad sensor, etc.

Since it says "Low Input" that indicates that it is not reporting the correct voltage range that it should, so I would take the cheap way first by troubleshooting all your wiring, connections, and testing the sensor before adjusting settings.

Other things that can cause this is a vacuum leak, because the computer is making a comparison of MAP sensor readings versus Throttle Position Sensor readings, and if the two are out of whack from each other (which can also be caused by a bad TPS sensor) it will also throw that code.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:32 AM   #3
GA_turbo
GX Member

see i like people like you that actually explain things rather than just say serch , but you are right about maybe a vaccum leak because i took my motor and all out cause i had it sit for about a year and a half so i redid the suspencion the tranny ,rack and pinion and a full motor tear down and build again in 3 days by my self and when i put it all back together i did notice a 1.5 psi difference on my vaccum gauge, hmmm ill check into that but also what about the map sensor sitting on top of the gas tank? that can also give out that code... well ill check for leaks but i still need spys setting for the afc im doing some math overhere and i need those numbers. Thank you again ill let you know what it turns out to be if i find it.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:13 AM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
sounds good......good luck

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
For the S-AFC I need to know which one you are using. When I find it the write up is located on quad4forums.com in their FAQ section.

Right now my best advice at the moment is this. Upgrade to a newer pcm, and change the knock sensor to the updated version so you can get the GM S/C reflash. Until then, don't drive the car in boost, because you don't even have an FMU, so basically in boost your car isn't getting the proper fueling it needs to accomodate all that extra air it is ingesting.

Find a newer PCM, get the pinout for that pcm, and get the pinouts for your current PCM. You may have to rewire it slightly. Best case scenario would be to have a newer PCM and the wiring harness that goes with it. That would be ideal. Then you can reflash to the GM S/C programming. Then I would say get HPTuners and reset your injector constant for the 440cc injectors, as with just the reflash alone your car will run like crap because it is getting too much fuel. Even w/ the S-AFC you're hindering the whole setup of the car. Yes it worked for me, but it was the bandaid until HPTuners came out.

Here's my honest opinion for tuning your car.

Get a newer PCM that supports the GM S/C programming. Get the PCM flashhed with that shit.

Get HPTuners, don't care if it is the cheap one or expensive version, just do it, so you can tune the care safely and properly.

If you can't do that, do a megasquirt setup, or even do a custom Hahn Portfueler setup. I won't explain those right now, but the information is out there and if you want those as an alternative let me know. The Hahn portfueler setup is nice because you keep your stock injectors and are basically adding a second set of injectors that you control yourself, and they only come on when in boost, and they don't affect the stock PCM at all, they are run by themselves through a black box which you program through a laptop.

The expensive option is a full rewire with a standalone.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
GA_turbo
GX Member

yeah ive been trying to find a how to do the 2000 swap in my car but people that have done it wont give a good write up on it or no one can give a good answer on how to. Ive been looking on how to do it for the past year or so ive been to so many diferent sites looking for any info and nothing.... j-body.org a few people have done it but they just flame everybody that ask the question. See stuff like this should be sticky when all the info is there because it will be asked alot , for what ive gather there are just a couple of pins between the 99 and 00 that have diferent uses thats about it, other than that it looks like a stright replacement but info on this is always good. The good and the bad, also is there 2 computers in the 2000 cause a guy from jbody said something to me about it and that has me confused right now.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
spyhunter
GL Member

there is a BCM and a PCM..... one controls the powertrain the other controls the rest of the cars functions. since it is just a few pins, you need to get the pinouts for both PCM's and find out which wires have to be moved around, as well as the additional wire for the knock sensor. That will be your toughest ordeal.

Here's the WORST case scenario... Oh shit it didn't work, car won't start. Swap back to the old PCM, and try a different way.

THe best thing to do would be to get a newer donor car and raid it for all the wiring and toss it into yours.

There isn't much need for a write up since all you are doing is swapping PCM's. When you think about it, it really is straightforward. You're rewiring the connectors so that they match the pinouts on the PCM you want to use.

Like I previously stated your other option is to get the wiring harness and matching PCM from a newer car, and slap it in place of the one currently on your car, which it also is straightforward. Everything has a unique connector and plug so you won't eff things up.

Most newer GM cars and I'm pretty sure all 99+ n-body cars have a PCM and a BCM.

Get yourself a Helm shop manual for both the 99 and 00 N-body and you'll have oodles of info and all the pinouts you need to accomplish the swap.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:35 PM   #8
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
....Right now my best advice at the moment is this. Upgrade to a newer pcm, and change the knock sensor to the updated version so you can get the GM S/C reflash.....

How about this one:

VIN: 1G3NL52T21C2249**
Type: Oldsmobile Alero (L4) 2001

I just happen to have one sitting here

Last edited by AleroB888 : 12-16-2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #9
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
How about this one:

VIN: 1G3NL52T21C2249**
Type: Oldmobile Alero (L4) 2001

I just happen to have one sitting here

I don't know exact specifics on the hardware on these PCMs, but I do know a 2001 PCM will work perfect.