Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 10-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
225 50 16 tires

About 22 months I had to buy two tires to replace the replacement fronts on the car. I drove the 2 remaining stock Goodyear Eagle RSA's to today. 130K miles on them and very bald, lol.

I forgot how expensive tires for this rim size is. Discount Tire wanted $485 for 4 tires out the door. That was bottom dollar tire with NO mileage warranty at all... Belle Tire wanted $340 out the door for 4 Nakkang tires, again no mileage warranty. The two replacements I got were the same tire and Ive put 40K on them and theres a little life left to them.

So I gave my buddy a ring who deals in everything car related. Ended up picking up 2 "Blue Streak" brand Stiletto tires. So far so good. nice ride and no road noise!

In case anyone is running into a money problem and needs decent tires on the cheap:

http://bluestreaktire.com/

Im going to pay about $320 for all 4 of these
Old 10-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
Good deal. mine were $420 for two for Fulda extremo2 55/50ZR16
Old 10-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
I'm shocked that a stock tire would last 130k. If you have not owned the car since new, I can guarantee you that they were replaced once before.

But did you forget about the tirerack? They start at $250 for 4 tires in that size. For the smaller 15 inch stock tires, I got from them a set for $230 shipped, that were also the highest rated tire for that size.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:23 AM   #4
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

No I checked there. I didnt select high performance all seasons evidently...

Ive bought 3 sets of tires from that site to date. When i did my search cheapest tire was $86. Even at $64 each by the time I pay for shipping and to get them on it would be more expensive than what I got.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
CactusWill
GLS member

Welp, I've ordered from them in several diff states, and the shipping was never more than 30 something bucks for a full set of 4. So it still would have been less, I can promise you that... But congrats on your new tires.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #6
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ya the tires and shipping would of been under $300, but by the time I drive to wal Mart and pay the $12.50 a tire for mounting, balancing and lifetime rotation it would of been more. Oh, also the road hazard warranty per tire.

I wouldnt mind trying the Kuhmo tires either...
Old 10-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #7
CactusWill
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Ya the tires and shipping would of been under $300, but by the time I drive to wal Mart and pay the $12.50 a tire for mounting, balancing and lifetime rotation it would of been more. Oh, also the road hazard warranty per tire.

I wouldnt mind trying the Kuhmo tires either...

Kumho makes some good products... Last set of kumho I bought was in 06, after I bought a manual transmission 95 Camaro with 50k miles from its original owner who was a 60 year old guy. When I first got the car, it had the original goodyears on it and I could spin the tires in 3rd gear. I ordered a set of kumhos from tirerack, had them installed, and after that I could barely spin the tires in 1st gear. The difference was just nuts.

Another time on those kumhos, same car, I was going about 60mph on a highway when a full size suv pulled out into the middle of the road all the sudden, and just STOPPED, RIGHT TF in front of me. I pretty much knew I was going to die, but somehow I swerved mad right onto the shoulder, and swerved right back into place without any sliding whatsoever. I'm fairly certain that had I been on those worn out goodyears that day, I would have been permanently disabled if not dead.