Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 10-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Urgent: Find parts!

Kinda. Need to get a hold of these two small items by next week. It's all they need to complete my engine build. (I also swung free installation by my wonderful new website I made for Speed Industry, they LOVED it)

- balance shaft driven sprocket bolt
- oil pump pick-up screen

He says it's a dealer item. I can't find these on GMPartsDirect or RockAuto. I'll go to the dealer tomorrow, but they probably won't know anything.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
dude.. good luck finding those parts. I wanna see this shit completed lol

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:08 AM   #3
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
If you got some part #s I will swing by my dealer tomorrow and see if they have them.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't find part numbers, they're not listed in the GM Engine Overhaul manual for these parts. I know the bolt MUST be replaced if you remove it, but the oil pump pick-up screen I think they just broke when they pried it off, which happens.

I guess I'll just describe it and hopefully they find it lol.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
if the guy behind the counter doesn't have a clue... as for the lead mechanic, or whomever has been working at that place, their whole life. Newbies might just be too "green" to know what your describing.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Another reason why you should opt for the Quad oil pump
Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

Ya he suggested I put in an upgraded oil pump since it's all out anyway.. I'll do it next year along with the Cometic and ARP equipment before nitrous.

Well I went to the dealership and ordered the parts:

024574368 bolt
024573826 screen

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 10-09-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #8
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
I dont understand why people always brake that bolt when it clearly says reverse tread on the plastic plate that covers that bolt, im not trying to flame you or anything but posts about that bolt are everywhere....

Good luck with the build cant wait to see it done.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

It wasn't broken... I think you missed the bright red notice in every overhaul manual that states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM 2.4L Engine Overhaul Manual
Notice

A new balance shaft driven sprocket bolt must be used any time the bolt is removed. If a new bolt is not used, the balance shaft sprocket may slip allowing the balance shafts to become mistimed and cause engine vibration.

Speed Industry knows what they're doing, best engine shop in the state. I'm stoked for this engine to get in. Should be within 3 weeks. I'll be installing my new fuel rail with pressure gauge along with LSJ injectors and tuning, putting on the header, putting the engine in, and hitting the track.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #10
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't wait to see the finished product and slips man. Congrats on finally getting it in for the build. +1 for doing it right the first time. Did you ever see the thread I posted for you about a guy selling a methanol setup for a 2.4 over on gagt?
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #11
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Should have gone with the swap, revs quicker with the less weight. I pick up quicker too.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

I will, not now. Like I said.

@alerored04: Ya, saw it. I'm getting a new one from Snow Performance. I'd rather buy a new kit than used.

Can't wait to get my Tenzo seats and Takata harnesses installed too, along with the carbon fiber interior trim. Will be nice.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #13
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
I will, not now. Like I said.

@alerored04: Ya, saw it. I'm getting a new one from Snow Performance. I'd rather buy a new kit than used.

Can't wait to get my Tenzo seats and Takata harnesses installed too, along with the carbon fiber interior trim. Will be nice.

"Do it right the first time"
Old 10-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #14
alerored04
GLS member

Do you think you could hook me up on harnesses in the future, obviously not as good of a deal as you got, or was your deal like one time only? And where are you getting the trim? I would be interested in that too. Sorry to copy but now that there is legit carbon on my car I feel ok with a bit of it just for looks.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

I'm not sure, I was originally looking to get harnesses for my friend at a discount, but then found someone who said he'd hook me up, for free. I'm not sure how he's doing it or how much he's able to flex the system and snag these, lol. Once I get mine in I'll inquire about more.

Trim I'm getting from a member on here who's had it for a long time and never installed it. You can get it from Sherwood Dash for $197 for all pieces, though.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #16
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Isn't the sherwood stuff still a sticker?
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #17
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Good to hear your build is almost done! I cant wait to see how it runs at the track with all the upgrades. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #18
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
Just curious, how long does it take to build an engine? Obviously priorities are different when you work in a private shop, but around here we have them out, built, and back in within a week. But then again, we put two guys on each and that's all they work on it 'till it's done, because that's how you get it done right. Every time you walk away is another chance to forget what you were working on and miss something when you come back to it.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #19
alerored04
GLS member

These guys take their time, rushing is how stuff gets missed. This is a little different than a repair job since they are starting with the bare block. Especially since it is a smaller shop and I am sure they have other work too.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
[ion] C2
636 whp

10-11 hours. They do have a lot of other projects and such they do. (Speed Industry's new site)

The shop's main hours are only 5:30PM - 10:00PM. The parts were cleaned, measured to spec, and assembled properly in a clean room. The bottom end was done within a couple days. Waiting on just a few parts then it'll be fully assembled, then I'll leave my car there for a few days for the engine swap.

@meadus101: Yes, it's a molded high strength adhesive backed piece of genuine carbon fiber. Looks great.

Should run 13.5ish at the track once it's all broken in and a little tuned with bigger injectors and meth. I am absolutely stoked to have a reliable forged engine in my car. All I've ever known is the 166,000-189,000 mile Alero. Now I can race without worrying about things blowing up.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 10-10-2008 at 02:25 PM.