Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 02-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
PA outlook

Well, since getting laid off, I been doing some thinking. It looks like I may be going back to school. I have been looking at the area north of pittsburgh at some ncaa d3 schools and am looking at playing college basketball.

Question is, any jobs in the area for my wife and I while I go to school. Lindsey has high school diploma, no degree, 3 year of bachelor's level clerical work.
I have high school diploma, no degree, 5 years landscaping and maintence, 3 year ranch work.

Both of us are not looking for a real serious job, just something to pay the bills probably $10/hr plus for both of us.....

Any input?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Here's a few papers to look through...
http://www.postgazette.com/
http://www.butlereagle.com/

If you have any questions about where ANYTHING is, just let me know..I was born and raised north of the city and spent many many miles just driving around to nowhere.
What school are you looking at getting into?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
looking at Grove City College, their college b-ball coach gave a clinic here in colorado at the high school coaches convention. I have been talking to him...
Old 02-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Alright, so you're looking a good bit north of the city then. There's an outlet mall right there at Grove City. There's really not a whole lot else out that direction though but country. GC isn't exactly developed to a decent extent.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
$10 and hour.

Yes look on the west side of the state. Around here, you'll be living in a shack for that money

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

Won't be living in much on the other side of the state either, but there are some decent deals up there being a college type town anyhow.

Hopefully you can manage a scholarship for GC because it surely aint cheap.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

$18000 a year for room, board, and tuition is pretty good in my book, and they get a lot of good reviews. I know for any major college here like CSU and CU that would only get you about 3/5s of tuition costs......

I say $10/hr based on that neither of us have degrees and yes, it isn't very much money but it would cover living expenses (300-600/month for 1 bdr apartment) and car payments if Lindsey works full time and I work part time.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
you would be closer to Youngstown, Ohio than to Pittsburgh if you are really going to Grove City.

but here's a job you might like in Grove City:
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-J80TQKV...-Grove_City-PA
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
I live in Butler, and I can tell you first hand that there isn't much here right now. Grove City is a bit north of here, and yes, it's mostly country. There is an outlet mall, as mentioned, and a few restaraunts.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

sorry, i've not a fan of video games, I have better things to do.....but I didn't realize that Youngstown was so close I may have to look around there a bit...
Old 02-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #11
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beholder88 View Post
I live in Butler, and I can tell you first hand that there isn't much here right now. Grove City is a bit north of here, and yes, it's mostly country. There is an outlet mall, as mentioned, and a few restaraunts.

So what do you do for a living?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
I'm a customer service rep for a manufacturing company. We're not doing so hot at the moment. Layed off about 15 people (out of 63), and now all of the salary people are down to 32 hours a week (including myself).
Old 02-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #13
kwhauck
2Screwy

well, found some decent jobs in youngstown, still waiting for the bball coach to get back to me....