Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
just curious

is there a kit for the 3400 for the front engine bracket mount things that stop the engine from torquing back so much. like on the 3800's...?
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
poly mounts would help alot....
Old 06-15-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
poly mounts would help alot....

do you have a link? and do you know what im talking about tho?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
yes the motor tilts back when you gun it, and you want dog-bone brackets like on the grand prix, impalas, etc, trust me start with poly mounts, there should be a how to here somewhere, it's an easy and cheap mod.......
Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
yes the motor tilts back when you gun it, and you want dog-bone brackets like on the grand prix, impalas, etc, trust me start with poly mounts, there should be a how to here somewhere, it's an easy and cheap mod.......

what type of power/throttle response gain will come out of it?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
worknprog.99
GLS member

after lookin i didnt find too much about this.... any links??
Old 06-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Any performance parts store will have them. They cost only a couple bucks more than factory mounts, still less than $20 each usually. But my personal experience is that they are way too rigid, and your whole car will vibrate like crazy as if the engine was sitting directly underneath you.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
worknprog.99
GLS member

well what about just the additional dog bone or whatever that is on the gp ect? is ther a such thing for this motor allowing to just keep the moutns that are there?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
is that what's on the heads that looks like an empty bolt hole? i see those holes and go "wtf are those for"? is that where the mount installs into?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #10
worknprog.99
GLS member

idk man i was kinda thinking something aftermarket like whats stock on the 3800 may be out there to bolt to that and the front frame molding to stop the motor from torquing around.......
Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Dude we understand what you're saying but you're not going to realize any performance gain from this if that helps at all.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
worknprog.99
GLS member

i know i was responding to nate.....

and i would think throttle response would increase a little due to less wasted torque...and get rid of some of the lag since the torque would be used elsewhere...
Old 06-17-2009, 12:44 AM   #13
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
is that what's on the heads that looks like an empty bolt hole? i see those holes and go "wtf are those for"? is that where the mount installs into?

yes, they are utilized for those in the dogbone cars, and in our cars one of the holes is utilized for a supercharger bracket on the m62 kit....
Old 06-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #14
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
yes, they are utilized for those in the dogdone cars, and in our cars one of the holes is utilized for a supercharger bracket on the m62 kit....

where can the brackets be purchaced?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #15
kwhauck
2Screwy

in a junkyard....
it's really a waste of money though.......
Old 06-17-2009, 01:00 AM   #16
worknprog.99
GLS member

would the less tourqe the engine produces to itself and moves the quicker the throttle response and slightly more to the wheels be?

and the ones on the 3800 fit the 3400??
Old 06-17-2009, 01:01 AM   #17
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Poly mounts will make you fill the engine more the shakes and stuff I believe.
Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 06-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
would the less tourqe the engine produces to itself and moves the quicker the throttle response and slightly more to the wheels be?

and the ones on the 3800 fit the 3400??

no they made 3400s with the brackets like that, the motor side will fit, on the front side above the radiator you might have to drill, but like I said, it's a waste of time and money....
Old 06-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #19
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
Poly mounts will make you fill the engine more the shakes and stuff I believe.
Correct me if I'm wrong

I would imagine you are correct. Also, wasnt there some sort of mount some guy was makeing a little while back, out of metal? What ever happend to that?
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #20
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
no they made 3400s with the brackets like that, the motor side will fit, on the front side above the radiator you might have to drill, but like I said, it's a waste of time and money....

I have to aggree with this, mostly because other than you just knowing they're there, and every interior panel in the car shaking and squesking from all the viberation, its going to yeild you nothing in gains. The factory 3800 are there, because the motor mounts to the subframe diffrently, some 3100s have no mount on the passenger side upper like our aleros do. My 96 Cutlass 3100 has the dual mounts on top the radiator, and no mount on the passenger side.

Basicly youre not going to gain anything, other than loose intertior panels, for all that time and effort.