Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
AndyT3
GL Member

AndyT3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AndyT3 Send a message via Yahoo to AndyT3
Water leaks...

Hey everyone. I mentioned these problems in my other thread in the off topic section, but the title of that thread is a little misleading, so I decided to put it here.

Oh God, how I hate water leaks. My dad and I went back to my grandparents tonight to put in the fog and the one of the third brake light bulbs. I felt the drivers side carpet again and it was still soaked. So, we pulled up the carpet and stuck a small block of wood under there to keep it up so hopefully it will dry out. The pass side was almost dry, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I thought the cowl was full of crap but I looked in all 3 screens with a flashlight and there's nothing in there. I got my dad to print the general water leak diag from DealerWorld and maybe its something in the wheel house or behind the fender. Not sure though, because I washed it yesterday and that's when it started to get really wet, so I'm not sure how water from up top would get in those spaces. Again, the water is coming in from the center of the drivers and center of the pass floor, not just a little, but a steady stream, from the very, very top of the carpets. I hope we can fix it this weekend, because I really don't want to be driving it with leaks; or travel halfway across the country to ASS if I have to worry about getting caught in the rain.

Oh, btw. The barrier with the jute on the bottom of it was also wet, so maybe its getting in under there somehow? I don't know, it just pisses me off. *sigh*

FQuick - updated all the time
AndyT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
all i can say is ( i know you dont want to get any wet-er than it is) take a hose and run it along the drivers side door and have a buddy help you and use a flash light to see if you see any water coming in.. then run the water down the windshield... and ck the fallwall for leaks.... i know its a pain in the azz but keep looking..
Old 11-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
AndyT3
GL Member

Yeah, me and my dad are going to do that this weekend. Hopefully we find something and patch it up before next week.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
AndyT3
GL Member

Ok, so today I spent about 4 and a half hours in the garage on my knees drying out my floor and carpet with a hair drier. I finally get everything nice and dry, go in the house to eat, come back out and its all wet again. I just jammed some pig mats under the carpet and said screw it. Doing oil and filter tomorrow and pulling the car outside and poring some water on it in certain areas to see where the water is coming in, its a start anyway...

Old 11-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
sure the heater core is not leaking
Old 11-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
AndyT3
GL Member

Naw, its not Dex Cool.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
AndyT3
GL Member

Alright so I think I found the leak. It was coming from the pass side, leaking down onto the floor. I guess it's coming from the cowl, there's no foam in there so maybe that's it. I can't really see how water gets in there though because there doesn't look like theres any holes or anything that would let water in so I don't know. But it's a start I guess.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #8
AndyT3
GL Member

Alright, so turns out its coming down through the blower motor hole. We took it out today and tried it a few times and it came through, so tomorrow I'm going to order that piece of foam and hopefully that will take car of the water issue. Unfortunately now I don't have speed 1 or 2 on my blower motor, the resistor is just about shot, so looks like I'm going to have to order one of those too. What a PITA! Hopefully that foam will solve my problem so I can get this thing back together and on the road. Looks like it wont be getting registered until later in the week, maybe even next week.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #9
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
have fun replacing the resistor. the bolt/screw towards the back took me close to an hour to get out. didnt even bother putting it back in when i replaced the resistor.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
AndyT3
GL Member

My dad had no issue at all getting the stuff out. Maybe were talking about 2 different resistors? I'm talking about the card style one that plugs in at the bottom.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #11
whiterider00
GLS member

ya thats the one. if you had the motor out it would be a whole lot easier. i didnt, plus ive got fairly large hands, so it was tricky for me.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #12
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT3 View Post
My dad had no issue at all getting the stuff out. Maybe were talking about 2 different resistors? I'm talking about the card style one that plugs in at the bottom.

that the one thats a bitch, cuz if your a bigger guy it hard to get back in there, i had to pull the glove box for better access...
Old 11-29-2009, 05:17 AM   #13
AndyT3
GL Member

Oh, I see. Yeah the motor was already out because we were testing for the leak so maybe that's why it wasn't as bad. Hopefully that foam strip will solve the leak problem because I really want to put her on the road, and get her out of the garage!

Old 11-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #14
whiterider00
GLS member

good luck, hope that solves it
Old 11-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
AndyT3
GL Member

Thanks, me too. I guess I'll find out in a few days, my dad has Monday off, but is going to call the dealership that he works at and have them order the foam and my resistor so hopefully it comes in from Boston, that would only be one night. So hopefully Tuesday night he will come home with the parts, but knowing my luck, it will be coming from some distribution facility far away.... oh well.

Last edited by AndyT3 : 11-29-2009 at 12:07 PM.