Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 08-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
WB a/f gauge

so i got a WB a/f gauge from a friend of mine today for free and figured i would hook it up for the hell of it. my question is i know there is a purple wire coming from the upstream o2 but i cant seem to find it? also there is a few wires from the gauge i don't really know where they go. i know the red is probably 12v constant and the black is ground but what are the others? any help is appreciated
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Last edited by alero_bmxer : 10-16-2010 at 07:58 PM.
alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
what engine?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Dude the wideband O2 has nothing to do with the factory O2! It's meant so you can monitor your actual air-fuel ratio.. independently from the oxygen sensor utilized by the car's PCM.

Simply hook it up to power and ground and connect it to your gauge. The extra wires are for datalogging (HPTuners)
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Dude the wideband O2 has nothing to do with the factory O2! It's meant so you can monitor your actual air-fuel ratio.. independently from the oxygen sensor utilized by the car's PCM.

Simply hook it up to power and ground and connect it to your gauge. The extra wires are for datalogging (HPTuners)

okay so how is hooking up just power and ground going to "monitor" anything?
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Old 08-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
okay so how is hooking up just power and ground going to "monitor" anything?

indeed. Ion did a TERRIBLE job explaining that. Where is the signal wire/wires that need to power it?

power and ground simple light it up. need info from somewhere.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
dood thats a narrowband,
red/constant
Black/ground
prurple/signal from O2
green/headlight or sum BS (gray wire)
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
red to 12v
black to ground
then i think it's purple to precat o2 purple
then green to accesory wire for illumination

I believe thats it but i could have the lst 2 switched around.

ill check for you though

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
alero_bmxer
GL Member

i got all that hooked up but i still dont see the purple o2 wire

Old 08-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
you did get the WB sensor with it, right?

You already got a new bung welded in, etc, and where did you place the WB sensor?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
it might be a brownish tint

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
you did get the WB sensor with it, right?

You already got a new bung welded in, etc, and where did you place the WB sensor?

listen to this man!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, oops. Yeah what Blackjack said... lol. You need a sensor that can actually read the actual air-fuel ratio.. not just the gauge.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:18 AM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah the wiring looks like a NB A/F gauge, not the WB.

Red to 12V ing
Purple splice to the purple wire on the O2 wiring
Black to ground
Green to switchable dashboard lighting (yellow wire behind the radio works well)

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote