Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > East Coast

Old 08-03-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
3.4Alero

Let's get a meet together at BeaveRun before the summer is over. Ideally, I would love to get a bunch of us together on a Thursday afternoon/evening for an autocross, but they also have their Lifesteps Summer Festival coming up August 20-22. We could get together any day that weekend at the track. Not sure about what will be available for us as far as automobile driving events, but you can usually rent the pro karts during certain times, and they are a BLAST. I can get more info on the schedule of events for the weekend if that is what people want to do. Post here!
Old 08-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #2
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
I'm in whenever you want to get something together. What is the autocross, just like a street track or what? Post some more about that weekend and we'll see whats going on, also I'll definately meet you on a Thursday night, but like a mentioned a little later in August or even early september would be best.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:50 PM   #3
3.4Alero

Autocross is on wideopen pavement, like a parking lot. A tight cone course is set up and time trials are run. They kick ass because they really bring out the better drivers, rather than the better cars (in most cases). Hell, I've beaten vettes and vipers on the autocross, but no such luck on the road course!
Old 08-03-2004, 07:51 PM   #4
3.4Alero

Oh, BeaveRun's web site:

www.beaverun.com

Not too much yet about the Summer Festival, so I will get what I can from my cousin and uncle in the next couple of days.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:55 PM   #5
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
so its not like you're actually racing other cars on a track then? that is the part i was kinda worried about....i don't worry about my driving, i worry about everybody else on the track. I can just imagine calling my insurance company and telling them I wrecked racing around a track... they already hate my guts, I can just see them then...
Old 08-03-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
3.4Alero

Nope Nope. No head to head. I've only done head to head in driving schools, with "gentlemen's rules " (meaning you have to pass only on the left, and the passee has to signal the passer to go ahead).

Take for instance this pic. To most, the mustang is ahead, so he must be faster. BUT, it was gentlemen's rules during that lapping day, and I was passing him on the front straight (I just like to show this pic).
Old 08-03-2004, 08:27 PM   #7
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

alright then, that works...i can just take the 20 bones i spend on golf and race my car around a little bit... count me in!