Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
tunerkid
GX Member

tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid
Helppppp

alright sooo i'm finally coming up on some money to go for suspension now. sooooo. i would like peoples opinions on what strut tower bars they prefer and what lowering springs/ shocks they prefer. any input is great so hit me upppp :] i know i could just go to the search link but i think this is more helpfull.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
What are you going to do with the car? My setup for example with the adjustable struts and the dropzone springs would give you a very harsh ride but is a good way to spend your money if you are autocrossing / tracking the car. If you want more comfort go with a non adjustable shock and eibach. It also depends on how much you would like to lower the car.
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
tunerkid
GX Member

tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid
suspension

well i street race and i want to get this car into that too along with my 240 and my subie
right now i'm at about a 1.75 drop on cut stock springs (trust me already got bitched out on here for that :b)
but the back wheels are like even with the fender wells and have a little negative camber going on and i want to keep it that way. front is even to back sooo ya. i would like to keep around that drop. and ya it's all about comprmizes so eff the comfort stiff suspension doesn't bother me lol. so what brand you recomend i go with??? are you on those kyb agx's???
anddddd what sway bars should i get???
Old 09-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
Get the AGXs, I have GR2s with eibachs. Not happy with em. Get a STB a lot of people rock the ebay ones, or u could get a solid 1 piece(what I did). sway bars ur gunna have to hunt down. There was a GB but it fell through.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerkid View Post
well i street race and i want to get this car into that too along with my 240 and my subie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerkid View Post
anddddd what sway bars should i get???
Any that you can find... Or make some like I am, along with customized lateral links and trailing arms, and underbody bracing for the unibody.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #6
Chris2000
GL Member

Chris2000 is on a distinguished road
since this thread is full of garbage i'll throw in some things.

Whats with all these new members and these retarded threads!?
We do not approve of street racing so keep your highschool foot off the pedal.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2000 View Post
since this thread is full of garbage i'll throw in some things.

Whats with all these new members and these retarded threads!?
We do not approve of street racing so keep your highschool foot off the pedal.

What he said....and i also need to add.....your a moron. why does it not surprise me that you cut your springs?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
Hey tunerkid, if you want to learn to drive and mod your car at the same time and find its limits, I suggest looking up your local racing clubs.

If you still insist on street racing, you are better off spending money on naked chick decals and saving the rest of your cash for when you get caught.
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Strut bars, go to ebay and look up Grand Am strut bars, they'll work. I got mine for ~$75 Front and rear, I haven't put on rear ones but I did notice a difference with installing the front one.

As for street racing, this site does not condone it. To the people who read his comment at least he isn't posting his stories and bragging about it. Yes it is illegal and dangerous, but like cocaine it isn't going to stop people from doing it.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
tunerkid
GX Member

listen you can all talk shit all you want. i really don't care. ya i get shit for street racing but it's in my blood. i'm not all effing stupid about it and do it wherever and wheneevr i can. i go to closed down streets and shit. and thank you wrestlingandrunning. at least i'm not trying to say oh ya i'm bad ass cause i do this and this. and telling story's about it. most trouble i got in wasn't even racing. so i'll prefer to save my money for car parts. not for stupid bail cause i'm not stupid about it. but enough of that faggot bullshit shit talking from all ytou and let's talk car parts. if you want to talk shit go on myspace or facebook and tell them. or grow some balls and just comfront me about it. and chris2000 how id this a stupid thread?? asking some questions? someone asked how i drove so i told them. you think i'm stupid posting this thread? at least i'm not the one who goes around talking shit on threads instead of cars. seems to me like you don't even like cars and just like talking cyber shit nuhhh???
and once again (already got bitched out for the springs!!!! can you read faggg???)

anyyywaysssssssssssssssssss. will any grand am strut bars fit???
cause ebay has alot i just wanna make sure.
and dayyummm ion c2 doing it all or whaaaa ahaha. what you doing the underbody bracing out of???
Old 09-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
you shouldn't throw a tantrum when someone tells you you broke a rule, the sites policy does forbid discussion of street racing.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #12
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow tool!! But here's some mad crazy advice stfu about street racing ever one says there safe about it and then some die or kill others!
Springs I used drop zones.
Strut bar look for one used here or egay
Old 09-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #13
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
i used to street race but i smartened up because it is dangerous and stupid if you want to race take it to a track. you can lose ur lisence for a very long time if you get caught street racing. i think that you should look at sprint springs.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
wrestlingandrunning just told you that GA bars will fit, why do you need to ask again?

Some advice for your future on this site. I am not trying to threaten you but there are lots of things you can do to make it better on yourself and the rest of us here. Please do not mention street racing again, you are free to do whatever you want but we do not want to hear a single word about it. This is not a honda forum full of invincible 16 year olds. Many of us are 25 or older and get offended by such recklessness. Second please clean up your posts, I am not talking about content but about grammar and capitalization, to me reading sentence after sentence without the lead word capitalized gives me a headache. Lastly don't bash established members here who are only trying to help you or state their opinion. Remember if you are offended by someone disagreeing with you the best way is to respectfully argue without name calling. That just makes you look like am immature and inarticulate person. (see honda forum reference above.) Welcome and please help us keep this forum a place everyone enjoys.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #15
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Calm down kid... you seem like a bad ass so i wont talk any shit Plus i've grown up; something you need to do ASAP. Street racing is in your blood? Are you related to Dominic from the Fast & the Furious? Hows the RX-7 running? Does he still have the Supra? It seems to me that you read the posts making fun of you better than you did the ones that helped you. Grand Am bars will fit....READ. Yes, you need to fix your grammar too... you say your not stupid but your grammar isn't helping your case any. You and Alerodrime need to meet up ASAP....you both have a lot in common
Old 09-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #16
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I would be more than happy to confront you about it! I'll even bring my police friend with a picture book of kids just like you who think they are hot stuff, and what they looked like after their last street race experience! Pretty sure one of my good friends is in that book, and she wasn't even racing!!!

anyways, please don't talk about street racing. A few members on here have had people lost due to them. Save it for the Honda Forums...
Old 09-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #17
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
Hey now, don't be trashing all honda forums lol. There are idiots everywhere... case and point...the OP
Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 AM   #18
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Calm down kid... you seem like a bad ass so i wont talk any shit Plus i've grown up; something you need to do ASAP. Street racing is in your blood? Are you related to Dominic from the Fast & the Furious? Hows the RX-7 running? Does he still have the Supra? It seems to me that you read the posts making fun of you better than you did the ones that helped you. Grand Am bars will fit....READ. Yes, you need to fix your grammar too... you say your not stupid but your grammar isn't helping your case any. You and Alerodrime need to meet up ASAP....you both have a lot in common

hahaha effin billy, that guy knos evry line from that movie
srsly bro. it happens and people do it but we just dont talk about it. i go to the meets out here. i dont race but i go. just keep it on the DL. its reckless and bad publicity that we just dont need
Old 09-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #19
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heineck View Post
hahaha effin billy, that guy knos evry line from that movie

eff yea man! i think tunerkid was the guy in the ferrari when they raced. Thinkin hes the shit with his stock ferrari.....then he gets blown away. Thats why hes so bitter! or maybe he was the guy who raced doms girl at the track...."another ones bites the dust......" then he gets blown away by a chick....that makes a little more sense

OOOORRRRRR maybe he was Jessie....thinking he could beat an S2000 with over 100k into it.... but....your not as smart as that guy....

I can keep going.... i mean, street racing is in your blood man! You must have creamed your pants when you saw the fast and the furious. your sittin in the theatre sayin "THATS ME PEOPLE! THATS MEEEEEEEEE!" LMFAO
Old 09-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #20
tunerkid
GX Member

well idk man you seem like the badass that remembered everyline of that movie??
all you effs are telling me not to talk about street racing when in one thread you all talked about it 984598454875 more times than i did.but that's impressive you know every lineeeee hahaha who's the tool there???
and by the way eff ferrari's i build cars fast i don't buy them that way
you guys seem like you talking about racing alottttt more than i do so start your own thread about it yeaa?? ohh yaaaa mr. badass with the police friend. pretty cool braahhhhh i got like 3 police friends but mannnn i'm not nearly as cool as youuu!!!
and i need to grow up??? you guys are throwing a fit over a 16 year olds thread??? YOUUU guys need to grow up.
like i said go start your thread about talking shit because i joined the site to get info about my alero not to here you guys bitch like my mom does.
you guys need to go on myspace or some shit cause car websites get you confused cause all you do is talk shit.
and i said will allllll grand am bars fit. not will grand am bars fit.
you need to READDDD. dammmmmm
Closed Thread