Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
brake light..

i was pulling into a driveway today to turn around and my brake light came on? my e-brake was all the way off and i just topped off the brake fluid a couple weeks ago due to a fluid leak (that was fixed) so what the hell could have caused it?

also, i've noticed people say the ABS and cruise don't work when the abs/svs/trac lights are on. but they all work for me when the lights are on. what the hell.

ALSO ALSO unrelated: are we supposed to have lighted footwells in the front? if so where are the light bulb locations so i can change them. (if nobody answers this i'll just make another thread about it haha)
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post

ALSO ALSO unrelated: are we supposed to have lighted footwells in the front? if so where are the light bulb locations so i can change them. (if nobody answers this i'll just make another thread about it haha)

some have them and some dont
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
I though mine were to then I relized it was just the center cousoul CUBBY* light hanging down lighting everything up. As for your brake deal, front hubs?

Last edited by Papa Rad17 : 10-10-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
will the brake light be caused by bad front hubs?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

My buddy's was, lit up e-brake, abs, service vehicle soon, and few other I think. A good way to tell is most of the time when they are going out they will whine/humm really loud
Old 10-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
mastershake
GL Member

mine doesn't hum, that's why i thinks its just a sensor. plus it happens when i turn the wheel hard, when it gets wet or when it's really humid out
Old 10-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
I know you said the brake fluid leak was fixed, but when it came back on today did you check it just to make sure it wasnt low again?

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Hmmm, somethin is funky.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
Fuzzyspudkiss
GX Member

Fuzzyspudkiss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
mine doesn't hum, that's why i thinks its just a sensor. plus it happens when i turn the wheel hard, when it gets wet or when it's really humid out

Mine did this only it turned the ABS, Trac off and SVS lights on. It was caused by the wire that went to the wheel hub. It was slightly broken, not enough so that it was going off all of the time, but broken enough to where it would set off the lights when water got on the bare wire or i turned the wheel hard enough to pull on it.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #10
mastershake
GL Member

fuzzy, that's what i mean. the brake light is a different situation than the abs/trac off/svs lights (at least that i know of) i was just noting how it's weird that my abs and cruise still work when they're on.

and yes i checked the brake fluid level after the brake light came on. still topped off.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
Fuzzyspudkiss
GX Member

Fuzzyspudkiss is on a distinguished road
Yeah I understood that, I just thought that maybe you could be having a similar situation only with one of the brake sensors? I'm not sure exactly how the whole system works but maybe there is a sensor wire for the brake that runs with same bundle of wires for the wheel hub?

As far as I recall there is only one bundle of wires that go to the front wheels...Like I said, I dont really know how the whole system works. I'm just trying to help
Old 10-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #12
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
i am thinking that your brake light is coming on from air in the brake system. although you had the leak fixed doesn't mean the brakes were bled properly which can cause the light to come on.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Is it raining or did you just drive thru a puddle?

Mine comes on after going thru a big puddle

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #14
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
sanity it wouldn't take 3 weeks for the light to come on if that was the issue. if your light is on its due to these things.

1 - low fluid
2 - sensor is broken and not reading properly
3 - broken wire going to sensor
Old 10-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #15
mastershake
GL Member

brake light came on again last night as i was pulling out of the driveway, then the abs/trac/svs came on 3 seconds later.... pulled back in to check brake fluid AGAIN (still topped up) and all the brake lines to make sure there was no leaks.

redog: the abs/trac/svs will come on if i drive through a deep puddle. thats kind of how i discovered the problem :P

im assuming this is an electrical/wiring problem then.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:34 AM   #16
mastershake
GL Member

great the brake light now comes on regularly along with the antilock/trac/svs lights

im scurred...