Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 12-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

I've been shopping around for a new muffler for the past week or so. I searched on here and even asked a few members what kind they had. Well, I decided to go with this one. It's a Dynomax super turbo muffler, for a Camaro. I took it to Exhaust Pro today to have it installed. They told me that it was too big and wouldn't fit. And they also said that it was for a truck... I was like.. "umm well, it was actually recommended to me by a well trusted person that happens to have the same friggin muffler on the same friggin kind of car that I have, so tell me, why won't it fit?" Then they tried to recommend an off brand muffler for twice the amount I paid for this one. issed: I asked him if a Flowmaster 40, 50, and 80 would work. You know what they said? Noooooo. I'm a little ticked right now. Anytime I try to have something installed on my car by a PROFESSIONAL, something goes wrong. I think I'm gonna quit my well paying job at Toyota and go back to school to be a mechanic. :rolleyes:

I told them that I would come back in the morning if I decided to go with the unheard of muffler. Which, btw, I won't do. Any suggestions as to what I can tell them about this muffler because I know there's several people on here with the same exact thing. Thanks in advance.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:12 PM   #2
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
they told me the same thing about the grand am gt slp exhaust set up. But I just told em to put it on anyways. And to their surprise it fit just fine.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:12 PM   #3
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

BTW, my car is a 2.4 if that matters any...

Old 12-09-2004, 12:12 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
that's plain bullpoop, go to a different shop, or draw up a diagram for them.....it will fit, trust me...
Old 12-09-2004, 12:16 PM   #5
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Well I thought it was BS too. I told them that I know several people with the same exact thing but they said it wouldn't work, that the pipe would stick out like 8 inches. Whatever. If I could draw a diagram, I would but this is not my area of expertise...

Old 12-09-2004, 12:23 PM   #6
flalero

Go to a different shop. They are treating you like that because they think you are a stupid girl that knows nothing about cars. They don't deserve your business.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:29 PM   #7
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Yeah, I've been getting that kind of treatment a lot lately...oh she's a stupid girl that doesn't know anything about cars... I might not know a lot about cars, but I'm not stupid. Pisses me off to no end. I think I'm gonna call my brother-in-law who is a mechanic at a Chevy dealership in Lexington and see if he can do it.

Old 12-09-2004, 12:42 PM   #8
flalero

Yeah, do that. Anybody that is sexist like that doesn't deserve the business that women offer.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #9
Grouch

what a buncha tards. Go to another shop. Then once it's installed go back to the 'bad' shop, show'm it fits and call'm a buncha idiots. LIke I said same muffler that I and several others have.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:35 PM   #10
Grouch

other side
Old 12-09-2004, 01:41 PM   #11
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
i had a similar problem, i went to an exhaust shop and the dude was like yea.... there arent any aftermarket mufflers that will fit, and then you have to worry about 02 sensors, blah blah blah.

i went across the street to another exhaust place and had a custom exhaust in less than 2 hours.

i'd just go somewhere else...

oh, and grouch, whered you get those tips... i like them, they're similar to mine, just less box-y, i like em.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah Marie, that muffler will fit. I have an 80 on like Grouch's. It actually is a very easy fit. Cut off the old muffler, weld in the new one and shape 2 short pipes for tails.

They think your just a girl that knows nothing about cars. A lot of places I go for that think I some dumb kid (clean shaven I look a lot younger) that is riceing up an american car. After I talk for a bit, they know I know my poop and just do the work. Plus I get discounts sometimes too

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:07 PM   #13
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Dec 9 2004, 12:41 PM
oh, and grouch, whered you get those tips... i like them, they're similar to mine, just less box-y, i like em.
They are Megs that I got from Jegs. :P
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/Pro...865&prmenbr=361
part number: 250-5295C
Old 12-09-2004, 09:35 PM   #14
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm gonna go to another place in the morning and if/when they tell me that it won't fit, I'm just going to tell them that they just screwed themselves out of some business because I know for a fact that it will fit. I called my brother-in-law and he said that they don't install new mufflers.. but he could do it. I'd much rather have it done somewhere that will warranty the work in all honesty. But I always have the brother-in-law to fall back on I guess... I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again.

Old 12-09-2004, 10:58 PM   #15
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by Redog@Dec 9 2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah Marie, that muffler will fit. I have an 80 on like Grouch's. It actually is a very easy fit. Cut off the old muffler, weld in the new one and shape 2 short pipes for tails.

They think your just a girl that knows nothing about cars. A lot of places I go for that think I some dumb kid (clean shaven I look a lot younger) that is riceing up an american car. After I talk for a bit, they know I know my poop and just do the work. Plus I get discounts sometimes too
what is the camaros muffler's comparasin to just getting a whole SLP exhaust?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:00 PM   #16
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
You can still get the SLP pipes but the Camaro Flowmaster muffler just sounds better, plus it doesn't ware out like the rice mufflers do

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:10 PM   #17
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
i have that muffler on my car. fits perfect. u can kinda see bottom of bumper here. the guy painted it flat black so it wouldnt stick out. but then i slapped on razzi .
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:19 PM   #18
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by Redog@Dec 10 2004, 12:00 AM
You can still get the SLP pipes but the Camaro Flowmaster muffler just sounds better, plus it doesn't ware out like the rice mufflers do
so is the slp muffler ricey? but its stainless steel. anyways i'd like dual exhaust. should i go SLP pipes and camaro muffler?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:23 PM   #19
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
i had the same problem with the first place i went to here in town, guy said it was impossible and couldnt be done, i went to a place down the street and had a flowmaster 80 installed and then went back the next day and showed the guy and these were my exact words "in case you're too f**kin blind to see it, or too pig headed to admit you were wrong, it sure as hell looks like it was possible"....thats what the guy gets for being a jerk and acting like he knew what he was doing :thumbsup:
Old 12-09-2004, 11:48 PM   #20
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Well, here's my assumptions... 1, they were too lazy and didn't want to do anything on a cold and rainy day... 2, they saw a female and assumed she didn't know what she was doing or talking about and they saw a perfect opportunity to get some more money. They got another thing coming tho.. as soon as I get this SOB installed, I'm gonna make them change their minds about thinking that females don't know anything. Words can cut like a knife... I've never taken any crap from anyone and I'm not gonna start taking it from these dorks. And thanks for the pics guys. I may just have to print it all out and show them... lol.

You guys are the best!!!!