Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-18-2004, 08:40 PM   #1
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
So. Here I am. tossin back a few Yuenglings, surfin the boards, and overall enjoyin my evening. Just one thought keeps crossing my mind: I get my rims and tires tomorrow. Ya couldn't pry the smile off my face with a crowbar, and i'm giddy like a little schoolgirl.

No replies needed, I just needed to get this off my chest, as my wife has NO idea how much money i've spent in the past week.

*side note* All b.s. aside, Please keep vulgar and his girl in your thoughts this evening, as he's making a long-ass trip tonight on roads he don't know, in a car he's new-to, and chances are, he'll be driving in some poopty weather before the night's over with.

God-speed Stephen. :thumbsup:

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:46 PM   #2
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't ya just love getting new toys!! When are you gonna put them on? Can't wait to see pics once you do.

*side-note* I think we should keep YOU in our thoughts incase the wifey finds out how much you've spent on your car this week. J/k.. I'll keep them in my thoughts.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
bigd6983

yea man im with you, except not wife but my mom, crossdrilled rotors and performance pads, struts, springs, gauge pod, front and rear strut bars, all within a month.......shhh.......lol.....and we will be praying :0)
Old 12-18-2004, 08:58 PM   #4
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
be sure to post pics as soon as you can so we can take part in your giddiness
Old 12-18-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

To be honest, I prolly won't keep them on for the winter. From what people have said, the salt does NO good to the chrome. I plan on taking the 'ho back to my company's shop, and swapping on 2 of the rims for a quick pic, and pulling them back off to store for the winter.

Once Spring gets here, that's when the ball starts rolling.

springs, strut tower braces, maybe re-paint the calipers, and putting the eagles back on for the summer. hopefully between now and then, I'll have some extra cash saved up for some window tint. Marie's probably suggested it 10 times since I registered, and I'm tired of hearing it, so on with the tint, too.

( Just kidding Marie, you know i love ya )

and no Mike, I don't mean to start trouble, i've been drinking a tad...you know what I meant.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Old 12-18-2004, 10:13 PM   #6
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i put my stockers back on today. it doest really snow here but i dont even like driving around with em on when its cold outside
Old 12-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i've seen soooo many people around western ny, drive'n around with snow covering their car, salt kicked all up the sides, and chrome tires.
"i know how much you spent on those! put the stocks back on your moron!"

ah well, their loss.
its hard to keep nice external things on cars around here. almost everyone has a 10 yr old winter beater to fall back on when they store their primary one for the few good weather months.

and i hope the wife doesn't kill you. but i wanna see some pics! (of the car...)
Old 12-19-2004, 12:26 PM   #8
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Youngblood77@Dec 18 2004, 09:20 PM
hopefully between now and then, I'll have some extra cash saved up for some window tint. Marie's probably suggested it 10 times since I registered, and I'm tired of hearing it, so on with the tint, too.

( Just kidding Marie, you know i love ya )

and no Mike, I don't mean to start trouble, i've been drinking a tad...you know what I meant.
I don't think he'd get mad about that, coming from you... we know you're cool.

I think the tint would look really good but that's the thing about a black car, it'll look good with or without the tint. Can't wait to see pics, or see it in person... which ever comes first.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:43 PM   #9
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
i think i'm more excited that you were drinking yuengling....i haven't been able to find it anywhere outside of pa... its the only beer I'll drink...
did you see they came out with those 22oz bottles? I'm not aloud to get them anymore b/c they are sooo damn big. I put them all in my fridge and the future wifey got a bit upset b/c stuff like milk and eggs got the boot to make room for beer
Old 12-19-2004, 04:05 PM   #10
Travis99Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by cherrington17@Dec 19 2004, 12:11 PM
i've seen soooo many people around western ny, drive'n around with snow covering their car, salt kicked all up the sides, and chrome tires.
"i know how much you spent on those! put the stocks back on your moron!"

ah well, their loss.
its hard to keep nice external things on cars around here. almost everyone has a 10 yr old winter beater to fall back on when they store their primary one for the few good weather months.

and i hope the wife doesn't kill you. but i wanna see some pics! (of the car...)
chrome tires? wtf when did they come out with those?
Old 12-19-2004, 04:31 PM   #11
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
^ :P I think we know what he meant!

YB: Thanks for handling things today! and a BIG thanks for the headlight covers! (Pics when the weather stops being so...wintery)
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:52 PM   #12
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

No problem bro. :thumbsup: I got them used off of Ebay for like $30.00, and it came down to either selling them on Ebay, or sharing the wealth. I'd rather give them to a fellow A-modder than screw around with shipping anyway. Glad you like'm. You're gonna love them guages man, They look sweet as hell. Once springtime hits we gotta get together for some modding. I'll tear into your headlights for ya, you toss my guages in...that sound fair?

For those of you looking for pics of the rims on the car, it's not gonna happen til Spring. I DID however, take a few pics of them @ the car wash, and 1 while storing them @ Mom and Dad's house.

While y'all are reading this, I'd like to take this opportunity to be the 1st A-modder to congratulate Vulgar ( Stephen ) and his girl Jen on their Engagement. ( It hasn't officially happened yet, but he's poppin' the question....SOON. ) All the best to you both, for many many years. :cheers:
Both Stephen and Jen seem like great people, and I'm sure they'll be happy. :thumbsup:

( BTW Vulgar, Jen's pretty cute ) B)

Pics of the rims can be found in YB's Ride

Old 12-19-2004, 05:12 PM   #13
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

Quote:
Originally posted by Youngblood77@Dec 19 2004, 05:52 PM
I'll tear into your headlights for ya, you toss my guages in...that sound fair?
if you think it's fair...sure!

(I've had my guage cluster opened so many times this summer, I could probably install the guages in less than a half-hour. That is, if they are the halo or speedhut style ones.)
Old 12-19-2004, 05:16 PM   #14
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Nah, they're the import intelligence overlays. They're self-stick, so no double sided tape needed. the only thing is, they need to be lined up perfect with the stock numbers and lines, because the stock guage backlighting has to shine through the numbers and lines on the overlays. <_<

Old 12-19-2004, 05:20 PM   #15
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

should be just as easy, just need a steadier hand and eye.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:09 PM   #16
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

I almost forgot: Vulgar's new Mazda6 is fookin' sweet, too. I can totally see why he and Brent went the Mazda route.

17" rims like Brent's, black interior with carbon-fiber-like accents, and projectors, but Vulgar's is blue. Pretty close to the Viper Blue we've all seen. The v6 under the hood sounds cool aswell. I bet with an intake they sound mean as hell.( And being a stick, I'd be willing to bet that with the right driver, it would walk all over a 3.4 Alero bone stock. ) The interior is very well thought out, and it seems like the controls are well placed. It's an all-'round sweet-ass ride. :thumbsup:

This isn't Vulgar's, but from what I remember, his is pretty much identical.

Old 12-19-2004, 06:27 PM   #17
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally posted by double0alero@Dec 19 2004, 12:43 PM
i think i'm more excited that you were drinking yuengling....i haven't been able to find it anywhere outside of pa... its the only beer I'll drink...
did you see they came out with those 22oz bottles? I'm not aloud to get them anymore b/c they are sooo damn big. I put them all in my fridge and the future wifey got a bit upset b/c stuff like milk and eggs got the boot to make room for beer
we yuengling here, good stuff. i havent seen the new bottles though.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #18
koruptid
V.I.P. Member

koruptid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to koruptid
yeungling is probably my fav beer cept they dont f***ing sell it in ohio! which is bullpoop,,,so i gotta drive to pa just to get beer
koruptid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 05:06 PM   #19
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

I never knew it existed until about 2 months ago, has a few glasses with my steak @ a local restaurant, and was truly impressed with how smooth it is. I've been drinking it alot lately, but there still aren't alot of beers that can beat a Canadian in my book.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #20
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Eh_nigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Eh_nigma
You want a couple good ones - Alexander Keiths, and Strongbow (though Strongbow is a 7% Cyder and is imported).
-Why the hell not?
Eh_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote