Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-19-2005, 01:25 AM   #1
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
does anyone have any good links on cylinder head design or rework?

like PnP, valve jobs, flow testing, general design, etc.

Thanks,
eddie
Old 04-20-2005, 05:17 PM   #2
Grouch

Try this Eddie: http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=9789

It refers to PnP and has two external links. Didn't go visit them so hope they work and maybe useful for ya.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
What motor ya got? cus there are a lot of differant heads out there...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Grouch

2.4 or it used to be. No telling what he's got in there now. lol
Old 04-22-2005, 01:19 AM   #5
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

not really looking for motor specific info. I've got several projects goin (got one more today i'm told) and just want to learn more so I know what works and what is BS. I tried talking to a few folks I know that run in modified class and a guy that used to run a stupid powerful drag car (like 3K+ i think) and they all just said they bought the heads and trusted the machine shop, not the cheapest way to go since the nascar guys spend well over 10G on just a block.

Thanks oscar, i've seen the SA links but I will not be doing the work it is beyond the basic stuff and they reccommend taking it to a pro. The best site I have come across so far is this one: http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/mainmenu.htm

Yes I still have a 2.4 in the 'ho. I'm seriously looking at the hampster convo. or maybe an eco cuz they ownz me with their light weight internals.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:29 PM   #6
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Not to mention more parts avalible, and more potential... :P haha

Old 05-02-2005, 02:50 AM   #7
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

you are talking about the hampster convo right??
Old 05-02-2005, 05:04 PM   #8
BLK03GXS
GLS member

i was saying that yes the eco owns ju, but i dont know wtf your talking about hampsters... haha

The best motor (not because i have one, but because of the parts out there) that is EASY to bolt into our cars is the ECO, internals, turbo kits, EVERYTHING is out there now, but isnt as easy to get as i would like.. but that will change in the next year, due to the cobalt, and cobalt ss coming out.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:32 AM   #9
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

I'm not starting this whole eco v. TC thing again. 1. Eco does not "own me" 2. Its just preference. I know of a couple 2.0Ls that will make the eco look weak as hell, cuz it is by comparison. The S/C 2.0 eco makes only 205HP, the engines I'm thinking of make 300+ hp with just a turn of a knob at least 220 stock. The problem is American car makers are stuck with this idea there is no replacment for diaplacment but the rest the world knows better. Most American makers are stuck in the 60's with RWD and SB V8s. As a result forgein makers put out more power with fewer emissions and higher reliability.

Sorry for the rant but yes, eco is easier to work on, it draw on GMs global entities . The potential from the eco vs. the 2.4......well....... that is in the eye of the beholder or tuner. I've been working with the quad/twin cam for almost 15 years and that's what's in my car so that's what I work with.

The hampster convo is a joke. The hampster is in a wheel on one side and the intake turbine is on the other. A rodent powered turbo if you will. I'm thinking quad chincillas, they are fast he||

If you want to bash me send me a PM, email, or IM. Im trying to troll for info on how heads are built, not which engine is better. So if you have some info about THAT topic let me know else get ahold of me outside of this.

Thanks.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:36 PM   #10
BLK03GXS
GLS member

wow someone is bitter, dont take it personally man.
There are a lot more parts out there for the ECO then there are for the 2.4, allso the ecotec is a stronger motor STOCK and can reliably handel more power then the 2.4, THAT is what im saying. Its proven fact...
NOW as far as head porting go's do a google search, there are TONES of articles out there about it.
Unless you have access to a flowbench thou anything you do is strictly playing around... you can polish the ports to smoothen the flow, but to accualy increase the flow #'s substantaly you need to have access to spare heads and a flow bench... then you can mesure the gains that are being unlocked by porting the head. and by destroying several heads you will learn where you can remove the most material.... and thus make more gains....

I started porting with my 400ci v8 in my Grand am. with huge iron heads, but didnt do anything substantial, because i dont have easy access to a flow bench.

well accually... not to lie i started porting and messing around with engines when i built a few b&s for go carts, lawnmowers etc... porting is an art that takes manny years to aquire...