Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Midwest

Old 04-26-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
jonniethm

just wondering what is legal and what's not if anyone knows: may sound lame but im tryin to keep it legal as far as:

lighting under the car
body kits
tail and headlight covers.

thanks.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:29 PM   #2
FantomForceCustoms02
GL Member

FantomForceCustoms02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FantomForceCustoms02
Body kits are ok. Underbody lights are cool as long as you're not moving. Headlight covers depend on where you live. If the cops are roosters then they'll say its an obstruction because its harder to see the turn signal. Same thing with tail light covers.
http://www.myspace.com/fantomforce
FantomForceCustoms02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
FantomForceCustoms02
GL Member

FantomForceCustoms02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FantomForceCustoms02
Sorry, I didn't read that you were in Ohio. Those laws are for PA.
http://www.myspace.com/fantomforce
FantomForceCustoms02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:34 PM   #4
|Rev|

In colorado, some cop tried to tell Kyle and I that basically anything that's not stock is "illegal" like your headlights can't be below or above some certain heights, no strobing lights, things weird like that.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:39 PM   #5
jonniethm

my license plate light just burnt out and im thinking about getting a red one tomorrow but the cops are total fags and i don't know if they will say anything.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:44 PM   #6
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
good topic....anyone have a link that would give a list for each state?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:46 PM   #7
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
only prob you MIGHT have is the headlight and taillight covers, those are retarded anyways.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:46 PM   #8
Kurt Zee

Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|@Apr 26 2005, 10:34 PM
In colorado, some cop tried to tell Kyle and I that basically anything that's not stock is "illegal" like your headlights can't be below or above some certain heights, no strobing lights, things weird like that.

well...he's right, my buddy's dad is a copper and he said that any modifacation is illegal unless you report it to the DMV. but it's not really an enforced law...but that's in NC...he said it was pretty much everywhere else too.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:22 PM   #9
jonniethm

i got the red lisence plate light so i guess we'll find out soon if someone says something.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:05 PM   #10
IndyAlero

i mean im going to cut mine off soon anyways.... SO it shouldnt be a problem as long as they can see it...
Old 06-28-2005, 06:23 AM   #11
BlackandBluealerofreak

in ohio underbodies are ok as long as they are done right and you cant see the tubes unlike some fags that dont know how to put them on bodykits are ok but i always get pulled over cus they know im a kid and they think ive been drinking and headlight covers are illegal and so are tail light covers but they look gay on certain color aleros anyway and if you live in the country like me you need those headlights becuase deer like to kill aleros and run away lol
Old 07-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #12
pimpnalero99

yeah really does anyone know a website where we can check state laws. I'm in ohio too and a cop told me i couldnt have red turn signals. i know those stupid tireflys are illegal too. only cuz my friend had some on her honda. i think honda's should be illegal too!!
Old 07-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #13
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by StockAlero00@Apr 26 2005, 10:44 PM
good topic....anyone have a link that would give a list for each state?

Yes, but I'm out of town right now. When I get back to my computer I'll post it up.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #14
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
thanks Grouch!!! Thought everyone was avoiding my question!!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 09:29 AM   #15
No53Alero

No53Alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to No53Alero
well in live in ky and work in ohio so I do alot of driving in ohio. The only thing i got pulled over for in my lowrider was for loud exhaust, it had a flowmaster on it. I never got pulled over for riding low, scraping, bouncing, driving w/ 1 side dropped, with the back raised 14" in the air or the body kit that I had on it. of course i was always cautious around cops but they always seem to appear out of thin air sometimes!
2004 Alero Final 500 #53
1990 Cutlass Ciera Lowrider
Sold as of 01/25/2004
Oldsmobile 4 Life!
<a href=\'http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/212170\' target=\'_blank\'>My Lowrider's webpage</a>
<a href=\'http://www.cardomain.com/id/no53alero\' target=\'_blank\'>2004 Alero Final 500 #53 site </a>
No53Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:34 AM   #16
luckilero7
GL Member

luckilero7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i live in columbus, Oh and underbodies r fine no materwhat EXCEPT red or blue and any other red or blue exterior lighting besides break lights of course oh and any bulb inside the car that can be seen from outside and body kits arent illegal and neither are headlight or tail light cover.not having a rear light for your plate is illegal and mine is burnt so i need to replace it
luckilero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 06:15 PM   #17
pimpnalero99

Yeah i got pulled over once for my license plate not being lit up. i didnt know the bulb went out. So where is that link to the actual laws?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:19 PM   #18
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
as far as lighting goes it's fairly universal that you can't have anything under the car when it's in motion and you can't have anything on the side unless it's amber colored... lights on the rear of the vehicle have to be red... and lights on the front have to be either white or amber.... otherwise you are impersonating an emergency vehicle... body kits are legal although some police departments enforce a three inch ground clearance limit.... there is a line on your windshield about 4 or 5 inches from the top and no stickers can be below it like windshield banners because it obstructs view... strobes and neons can be on if you are parked... otherwise they are illegal... the ticket isn't HUGE or anything and it's not reflected on your liscence but it's still something to get pulled over for... tint is something that varies but in wisconsin the legal limit is 25% on the front, and whatever else all the way around.... some people put stuff on the rear window and they get yelled at for "visibility" but if you have 2 functioning side mirrors that's perfectly legal too... some exhausts get too loud and then cops start bitchin.... ummm... that's all i can think is

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote