Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #61
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
yeah I would assume so, i mean I don't want to sound snobbish but mine are wedsport the real things (forged, light weight, etc) and yours are probably the copycat knock-offs....i was lucky enough to pick mine up for a killer closeout price but i honestly don't like the lettering on mine and am probably going to powdercoat them black

I want to see pics of them on the car NOW!!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 AM   #62
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
they are sweet looking though, i can't wait to get mine mounted!!! anybody here do photochop.......i want my rims in a black color on my second alero....and if you are real good with photochop finish the stripes on the side all the way to the back of the car.....

Old 08-25-2008, 02:00 AM   #63
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Ion...........

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/804116314.html
Old 08-25-2008, 02:12 AM   #64
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
ima jump on em if ion doesent want em
Old 08-25-2008, 02:48 AM   #65
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
Quick update for you all. Couple weeks ago one of my front brake calipers siezed so rather than fix it with stock parts I upgraded to the Vette calipers and Impala rotors. While the car was down waiting for parts I had my wheels powdercoated gunmetal, you can see the shape of them at the start of this thread and read the story of how I got screwed. I like them alot more now. The braking power is so good. I have not had a chance to really test them cause I am still breaking in the pads but they can make your eyes feel like they are bulging out of your head when you step on them hard. A few notes on the brake swap: I checked my stock GLS wheels with these brakes and they fit, barely but they clear the calipers. Aside from that one trick I read on GAGT is to make sure to mount the calipers with the bleeder screw facing up so it is easier to remove the air from the system. For those of you who are going to do this but want drilled and slotted rotors, I could only order my Impala rotors off ebay in a set of 4, I got them cheap so I did not care, The rears looked close to mine so I tried them, they fit great, so if you are doing this you can buy a set of 4 00 Impala rotors and use all of them.

I never knew if the 16s would fit. That was the biggest question I was asked and never knew the answer to because my car originally had 15s.

The bleeder screws should always be up. If they aren't, you have right and left reversed.

Oh, and your rotors are on backwards.

Lastly, the Impala and the Alero use the exact same rear rotors.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #66
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Oh, and your rotors are on backwards.
Nope, as long as the internal vanes are straight (we can't tell from those pictures), they are on properly, as the gases/water/air is evacuated to the outer of the rotors as it spins. Had they been rotated the other way, everything would be pushed toward the center. The difference may be minimal, but it's more important about the internal vanes, you want them angled the same way as the outer slotting is shown in his picture, that way it acts as a centrifugal pump and pushes air outward rather than toward the hub.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:58 AM   #67
Cliff8928

Well, that's not what Baer says...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #68
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

Holy shit I just noticed this today... DAMN. I have the money for them, but I need to be building the engine with it... *needz credit card so he can be in debt yet have cool stuff* BRAND NEW RSL IKARIS. Srsly.

I'll be buying them if I can get my friend to make a PayPal Buyer Credit account lol. Then I'll also be able to get most of my engine stuff done (meth, exhaust, built).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Well, that's not what Baer says...
Ya it is. They don't have pictures up in their FAQ but that's how you install them according to every other performance brake manufacturer, and this:

http://www.zeckhausen.com/how_to_pro...all_rotors.htm

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 08-26-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #69
Cliff8928

Uhh, that picture is agreeing with what I said. Maybe you need to look at both pictures again.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #70
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah the first picture looks like it agrees with you on your "only one way" of doing the external slots, but if you read:
Quote:
the direction of the slots is totally up to you and what you think looks best. In this case, there is no wrong answer.

Since the internal vanes are straight, it doesn't matter. It's totally dependant on the internal vanes and their angle, you want it to pump air outward. If the vanes are straight, I'd rather have the external slots/holes angled so that it pushes gases/water outward.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #71
Cliff8928

Man, I was supposed to *read* and not just look at the pictures???

I never paid attention to if the vanes are curved in the baer rotors. All I know is that they're labelled left and right.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #72
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Yeah the first picture looks like it agrees with you on your "only one way" of doing the external slots, but if you read:

Since the internal vanes are straight, it doesn't matter. It's totally dependant on the internal vanes and their angle, you want it to pump air outward. If the vanes are straight, I'd rather have the external slots/holes angled so that it pushes gases/water outward.

BOOM! 2 points.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #73
[ion] C2
636 whp

Shit man I was just about to buy those wheels (within a day) and it says the Craigslist listing expired. And I didn't copy the phone number.

Edit: Found the relist. Now he jacked up the price $100.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/808633644.html

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 08-28-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #74
kwhauck
2Screwy

i was gonna ask if you bought them.......
Old 08-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #75
[ion] C2
636 whp

I'm gonna see if he'll give em to me for the old price, lol. Probably doesn't include shipping either. Meh, we'll see. I'm coming into a little chunk of change. Might all go to the engine though.