Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Aftermarkiet Fan Controller

since i cannot figure out why the stock setup wont work, and i have the high and low speeds wired to, two switches controlled by a main, i want to switch it so the A/C fan starts when the car starts, and the high speed starts at 200* and kicks off at 190*

i found this

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...1 &questions=

but where could i attach the probe so that i could get an accurate reading (to the side of the head? to the radiator? poke a hole in the thermostat housing main hose?)

i know how and when you use this, but i dont known where to attach the hose.... any suggestions

(and dont tell me to fix the ECM stock controller, i choose to have this control over my fans, i dont want to have the stock system control it.)
Old 07-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP
Old 07-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
the stock setup does work. the fans come on at 223. you're never there.

and they don't really cool stuff down much at all lol. i noticed zero difference from no fans to full fans at 190+. my car still stays at 201-215 depending on what's going on with the car (racing, highway, around town, coasting). the fans are puller fans, can't really pull the air through the radiator that well. if you want a better fan, get a flex-a-lite one to go in front of the radiator, that one you can control it no problem, and it should work pretty well.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
the stock setup does work. the fans come on at 223. you're never there.

HOLY F*$&% 223!!!! f that! i want them on at 200 tops!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
ya, dumb isn't it. i set mine to go on past 194 i think and go off at 190, but once my car is past 194 it never goes back down (other issues causing that but as you can see the fans don't help much at all)
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
ya, dumb isn't it. i set mine to go on past 194 i think and go off at 190, but once my car is past 194 it never goes back down (other issues causing that but as you can see the fans don't help much at all)

i have my high speed on a switch, (the wiring was all effed with anyway) and when i hit it when the needle gets to half, it goes down friggin fast
Old 07-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
mfuller

Why hack it up with something that *should* work when someone has done it for you? About 100 bones and works great....I've had mine for probably 8 years.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...oducts_id=1207

Sure, the one at AutoZone is cheaper, but I like having something that doesn't require a lot of effort on my part. Maybe I'm just lazy.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

ah, that is what i was looking for!

now the issue is is that a temp triggered system? will it start at a set temp?
Old 07-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
ah, that is what i was looking for!

now the issue is is that a temp triggered system? will it start at a set temp?

Nope, not triggered by a thermostat at all. Completely manually controlled.
If you want the thermostat to control things, find someone with a tuner who can modify you fan turn-on temps in the PCM.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
Nope, not triggered by a thermostat at all. Completely manually controlled.
If you want the thermostat to control things, find someone with a tuner who can modify you fan turn-on temps in the PCM.

no, thats not the case, i wanted an aftermarket thermostat controller

EDIT: im diggin this, removes the entire assembly anyway.... (when i fix the A/C it will kick on at 160, slowly, so that its like the a/c fan is running anyway)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-HI...ht_4156wt_1197
Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

if someone can find out where you can buy just the connector that goes into the fan, i can make a systematic system..... that can run the two fans at specific times and tempratures,

example, i could have the low speed A/C fan kick on at 170 degrees, and stay on, until the car is shut off (relay) and have the high speed kick on at 195 degrees and kick off at 190 (small window, but you dont want it to get too cold) and shut off when the car is shut off, (relay), if someone can find me the (pigtail?) connectors or whatever they are called, i can make this work.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #12
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
if someone can find out where you can buy just the connector that goes into the fan, i can make a systematic system

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...qkvdFBVB6so%3d
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #13
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

i love you cliff......