Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 AM   #1
nhartwell

3 weeks and car will be in shop

The car is going to the shop in 3 weeks.

APR Performance is currently making my front / side / and rear splitters designed for my car/body kit.

Following things will happen in shop.
AAS kit will be fitted and painted along with car.
Grandam/alero 2 post mirrors will be painted to match car.
Razzi style spoiler will be painted to match car.
Wind splitters will be installed.

Car color will be candy apple red. gold metallic flake base coat with 3 candy apple red clear coats. Something like that.. he showed me samples and i picked.. i don't understand paint too much but w/e lol. It looked nice.

Hope to have pics up in a month.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:58 AM   #2
yoslvr442
GX Member

yoslvr442 is on a distinguished road
congrats man sounds like its going to be pretty sweet when its done!! you gotta love candy apple paint.

71 442
yoslvr442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
nhartwell

hope it looks good.. does in my head anyway never really seen a car done up in that color, not that i can remember anyways.. just what i have done on games like need for speed underground 2 and shit lol.. and photoshop

But i have been planning this out for half a year now.. finally making enough money to support the project since november. got a job in my career area.

Last edited by nhartwell : 12-29-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
PFC2
GX Member

PFC2 is an unknown quantity at this point
good for you man sounds like that color is going to look good cant wait for pics
PFC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:40 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like it'll come out real nice.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:19 PM   #6
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
haha that's funny... the shop stole that paint job from a story book... i forgot the name of the story but it was about this guy who was obsessed with this roadster painted candy apple red with metallic gold flake... he ended up crashing into a lake and drowning... but the paint looked good!
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
burg03

congrats on having the job to pay for the project car,I know it will turn out just like you want it to
Old 12-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #8
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
damn i bet a carbon fiber cowl hood would look good with your car to top it off...........hint hint.......
Old 12-29-2006, 08:02 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
^Buy his carbon fiber cowl hood!
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
how much is all this going to set you back?
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
nhartwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
damn i bet a carbon fiber cowl hood would look good with your car to top it off...........hint hint.......

give me 1 month.. we have been talking about it already but carbon fiber is sexy with candy apple red. will go good with the front and side splitters. And it also looks excellent with the aas kit, the cowl hood

Next to come: custom carbon fiber wrapped trunk lid
Old 12-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #12
nhartwell

if i can get that carbon fiber hood in a month.. it will be perfect timing with the rest of my car... lol question is, are they functional? Or just a show.. And does it bolt right up and latch? was looking at getting hoodpins with it
Old 12-29-2006, 10:39 PM   #13
ppgnut

dude, candy paint is great and all so why not tell us all what brand is being used and how much and will the entire car get re painted and i mean the ENTIRE CAR
Old 12-30-2006, 01:55 AM   #14
nhartwell

^lol what.. anyways yea entire car will be repainted.. maybe i should get the hood from kwauk and save some money on paint by not having the hood painted
Old 12-30-2006, 01:59 AM   #15
ppgnut

i found nothing funny about what i asked i am glad that you find humor in it i asked a legit question becasue i know the cost and the time in painting a candy color
buying the hood is not going to "save you money" as you say the cost will be the same
so do tell what product are they using, ppg?? house of kolor??? hot hues by du pont what???
Old 12-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #16
yoslvr442
GX Member

yoslvr442 is on a distinguished road
i would imagine hok paint. everyone seems to be using them now a days

71 442
yoslvr442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #17
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
ppgnut- Buying that hood would save him a slight bit of money as it's CF and probably wouldn't be getting painted.

And I'm sure the door jambs, trunk and engine compartment are going to be that nice color too LOL.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #18
nhartwell

yes, everything will be painted... and yes i would not paint the hood.

good thing i know someone who works at a body shop in GB here and he will be working on this after his hours and i guess i will be helping him so i can give u a little more info by then. Not sure exactly what paint because we havent priced anything out yet. Just got an idea, and he told me what goes into it. 2 - 1/2 more weeks and it will be going in so.. I'll let u know when i find out more.

And no i will not be helping him with the paint lol, just fitting of the kit and what not otherwise the paintjob would be effed up!
Old 12-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #19
nhartwell

i was also thinking of having the silver trim around the windows painted black or candy apple red, and have the black pillars behind the driver and passenger glass painted candy apple red.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #20
ppgnut

well there ya go more info i like info not guessing on what your doing
see what iam sayin`?