Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 AM   #1
Justy311
GL Member

Justy311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Remote Start Question

So my remote start is acting up yet again. This time, I will be sitting here and out of no where my car will start completely on its own. I haven't brought it to the place of install yet, because I want to know what to ask, and since last time you guys were so much help, I would appreciate something to mention.

thanks in advance,

Justin

www.justinspolicecollection.com
Justy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like your remote might have a short in it. Does it start by itself when you are close by, or when you are in the house away from the vehicle? What kind of system do you have installed, is it a two-way?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
Justy311
GL Member

Starts when I am in the house and away. Just does it's thing. I believe it is a two-way, but not 100% sure. I think, the model is a Clifford 50.5x.

Thanks

Justin

Old 03-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
is the remote in your pocket when it starts?
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
Justy311
GL Member

The remote is in my pocket, on the counter, in my jacket pocket hanging up, in my pocket when I am in a different city, etc. I just do not know what is going on.

justin

Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
k i was gonna say if it was always in ur pocket, u might be sitting on it srry had to make sure cause there are some people out there that are that stupid.

i guess i really don't have much of a idea. the next thing was gonna ask about new interferences but u say it happens everywhere, which also means it isn't someone else with a remote accidentally the same frequency.
the only other answer is... ghosts

no but seriously, go under your dash and inspect the wires coming out of the module for a ways to see if they are maybe wore and shorting out on the chassis
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
This is a hard call and any answer here is mear speculation...hell my car alarm goes off at weird hours of the night and at first I thought that someone was testing the alarm but after a week I thought that no one is that presistent. Like it was mentioned about all you can do is verify connections, after that you are going to have to start trouble shooting the brain.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
forty6and2
GX Member

forty6and2 is on a distinguished road
does the remote start have a temp sensor? so it will start by its self when it gets to a certain temp?
forty6and2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
Justy311
GL Member

Thanks for the responses guys. My guess there is a short. I am going to bring it back and have the entire system looked at. I would not care about an alarm going off, but the gas that thing is using is ridiculous. No temp sensor on it, and it has been too nice here in Minnesota for it to start because of that...

thanks again for all the help...

justin

Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I was going to say, maybe it has a timer that is set up that you don't know about, but, it doesn't sound like that's the issue.

Def a short. My remote start used to turn off my car while I was driving

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote