Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 PM   #1
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
ok here's a weird one, i hvae spiders living in/around my car. i saw a quarter sized spider like last year but couldnt catch it... and now a year later i see a similar sized one making a web between the car and the passenger side mirror when i got out to get it it crawled behind the mirror, then a couple days later i see a small baby spider by the dome light, and tonight i see a nickel sized spider crawl across my windshield and behind my ?a-pillar?... wtf should i do? do they have spider traps like they have roach traps?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:17 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
you could fumigate the car lol
Old 08-26-2005, 11:23 PM   #3
alero168
I Love Tiara!

^^if i could figure out where they wer.... i mean NO i'm not gonna do that, ok any real solutions?
Old 08-27-2005, 12:07 AM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
raid.

i'm sure there might be come kind of organic solution.. like spraying some strong colonge in the interior of the car. (something that will last) Strong scents really mess them up. it might be enough to drive them away.

or you could go the darwin way, and convert your car into a reptile/amphibian terrarium. they'd eat the spiders, but then you need something to eat the reptiles...

seriously though, if there is no food for spiders they should move onto a new location. obviously there is a reason to stay. give your car a good detailing and they should also vacate.

good luck. (luckily its only spiders... they are much more finnicky about their living spaces then say.. roaches. now THAT would be a problem)
Old 08-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
alero168
I Love Tiara!

i dont have any food though, i dont eat in the car and the only "food" i have right now are mints. unless they like to eat chemical stuff like car wax and different wipes and such...
Old 08-27-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
i suggest, armorallign the interior im sure it contains things that would repel insects and what not, because of the scent it has.

second, pressure wash yoru exterior, be sure to hit all the nooks and crannies like the mirrors.

also dont forget to wipe down the door jams and trunk jam.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:04 AM   #7
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
yeah i get them alot too here in detroit of all places .. i have a power washer and i took it to my car about a month ago trying to get off built up wax and stuff in all the hidden areas also havent seen any spiders since then either... remember when i cleared my head lights i had to deal with a few inside them.. but since then no spiders.. and yes armor-all helps out i like the wipes alot keep it under the passenger seat go thru a jar of those a week sometimes.. (very dusty construction areas) but no spiders whoo hoo....
Old 08-27-2005, 01:25 AM   #8
alero168
I Love Tiara!

i would armour all but i'm planning on dying my dash so that's outta the question i guess, and i do take it the pressure wash i must have sprayed my mirror for about 5 min alone but yeah still there. any other solutions? i'm sure someone out there has to hvae a dad or konw someone that's an exterminator and knows how to deal with spiders in a non-toxic way
Old 08-27-2005, 02:04 AM   #9
Oldsmopimp

come over to my place....Ill roll a big azz blunt. We'll go on a lil cruz with the windows up. Prollem solved.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:11 AM   #10
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
White's right. Armorall the inside and powerwash the outside. And do a little cleaning around the inisdes of the door jams and engine area. Spiders will vacate and your car will be spotless, too. Insects tend to make homes in objects they believe to be stationary. You might then try using the car more and parking it in another location (at the curb instead of the driveway, for instance), at least for a little while.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:12 AM   #11
alero168
I Love Tiara!

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsmopimp+Aug 27 2005, 01:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oldsmopimp @ Aug 27 2005, 01:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>come over to my place....Ill roll a big azz blunt. We'll go on a lil cruz with the windows up. Prollem solved.
[/b]

i'll probably come to your place to put my springs on but i dont konw about the second par though

<!--QuoteBegin-Daytona
@Aug 27 2005, 06:11 AM
White's right. Armorall the inside and powerwash the outside. And do a little cleaning around the inisdes of the door jams and engine area. Spiders will vacate and your car will be spotless, too. Insects tend to make homes in objects they believe to be stationary. You might then try using the car more and parking it in another location (at the curb instead of the driveway, for instance), at least for a little while.
[/quote]

like i said i'm gonna dye the dash soon so no armor all. and i do wash it, it is my daily driver, and i do park curbside LOL. i actually live in Chicago not the burbs so drive way isnt even an option for me

btw can i just use a pressure spray to spray the engine bay or is that not good? i hvae completely stock engine so no wai or cai to worry about
Old 08-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #12
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
yeah spraying the engine bay is fine but leave the car running while you do it... it will gaurantee it will start... and leave it running for 15 minutes afterwards to give it time to dry.... about the spiders... you might consider going to a pet shop or a large animal outfitter (i.e. horses) and look at types of bug repellent... they have some that smell quite attractive and it repels insects of all sorts for one... and kills them almost instantly on contact....

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #13
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
There is new Raid I believe is complelty natural and actually smells good. I would just sparay some on the floor and under your seats in the trunk and what not.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:02 PM   #14
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
could also either rig one of those "electronic" replellants or maybe a citronella candle (small enough to fit in cup holder w/o causing lots of flame damage.) i'd really fill the car quick w/ scent and the spiders would hate it.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:11 PM   #15
alero168
I Love Tiara!

Quote:
Originally posted by natedawg9640+Aug 27 2005, 02:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(natedawg9640 @ Aug 27 2005, 02:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah spraying the engine bay is fine but leave the car running while you do it... it will gaurantee it will start... and leave it running for 15 minutes afterwards to give it time to dry.... about the spiders... you might consider going to a pet shop or a large animal outfitter (i.e. horses) and look at types of bug repellent... they have some that smell quite attractive and it repels insects of all sorts for one... and kills them almost instantly on contact....
[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by Vtolds@Aug 27 2005, 02:45 PM
There is new Raid I believe is complelty natural and actually smells good. I would just sparay some on the floor and under your seats in the trunk and what not.

<!--QuoteBegin-cherrington17
@Aug 27 2005, 03:02 PM
could also either rig one of those "electronic" replellants or maybe a citronella candle (small enough to fit in cup holder w/o causing lots of flame damage.)Â;-) i'd really fill the car quick w/ scent and the spiders would hate it.
[/quote]

those sound good i'll try and find something this weekend or when i have time and keep you guys updated, i just drove to the store and saw another start of a web but now by my mirror and door
Old 08-29-2005, 07:55 AM   #16
alero168
I Love Tiara!

this is just bad, i was going to blockbuster after work and as i step out of the car and walk towards bb i feel a tingle under my chin so i grab at it thinking its like a long hair ... pause... but wait my g/f isnt with me where does this hair come from? so i pull it and grab a nice wad of spider web... damn i gotta get something from somewhere i was even looking at fumagating stuff anyways i'll probably go to a pet store today after work.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:07 AM   #17
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
They sure do love you alot dont they .. haha.. yeah the only bug problem i have now is the dam flying ants near my work cant leave the windows down for any length of time.. may have my ocasional spider but i usually grab him and throw him on rommies cars.. :P
Old 08-31-2005, 02:51 PM   #18
alerochick242

Spiders suck... My husband about killed us one time- he was driving my car and a spider walked out onto the steering wheel next to his hand. He had a FIT! He hollared and swatted at the spider trying to smash it. We were swerving down the road... it was pretty funny now that I look back at it.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:22 PM   #19
cherrington17
Gone

usually spiders will only linger in an area if that area has alot of insects for them to eat. if there isn't they usually ditch and web up somewhere else...

any update on the problem?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #20
alero168
I Love Tiara!

update, havent resolved the problem yet b/c i still see webs here and there and i keep cleaning them up, havent been to any pet store yet to see what i can get only stuff ive seen are fugmation cans and spray cans from walmart, and like last week i saw one about the size of a nickel crawl just above the glove box and i was so pissed that i just tried to smash it wiht my bare hands i'm pretty sure i missed b/c no blood/guts on my hand or my dash... he probably crawled somwhere under the seat. and i live in the city not the country so i'm not sure what the hell he's/they are eating.